1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spoiler color maintenance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DarkPri503, May 10, 2013.

1. DarkPri503

DarkPri503 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'd like to add my two cents as a very new owner of a well kept 2005 Prius. She is black and endured about 6 years of Arizona heat by the records. As you can see, the top of the spoilers is faded and whitish looking, just like the base of the side view mirrors. What's intriguing is the fact that at the curve of the spoiler (where sun would not hit), it is just as glossy and shiny as the rest of the body paint.

Is there a sure shot way of reviving the color and finish?

Attached Files:

2. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    About half of the Prii that I buy suffer from this condition. You will have to paint it. Sorry :(

You can remove it yourself pretty easily and take it to a body shop to be painted or wrap it in carbon fibre.

3. AzWxGuy

AzWxGuy Weather Guy

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Must be the Arizona sun. Mine is also faded and pitting. I figured maybe it was caused by air flow and cavitation on the deflecting surface, heh. Yeah, I'm moving along nicely at 500 KIAS. My drivers side passenger door handle is also losing paint. Time to trade up.

4. TampaPrius.com

TampaPrius.com Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  5. DarkPri503

DarkPri503 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can't trade up, I just bought it! haha ;)