1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by csriram45, Nov 18, 2011.

1. OilFreedom

OilFreedom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [email protected], these are two separate points. :) My point is that it's not a PR nightmare for any car maker if a driver fails to plan their trip appropriately based on their vehicle's capabilities and gas in the tank / state of charge in the batteries. If it were, then we'd see a major car maker on the news every time someone runs out of gas on the side of the road. If someone doesn't wait for an EV to charge, that is not the manufacturer's fault; it is poor planning by the driver.

Your point is about the differences between EVs and non-EVs and the merits of each. There are other threads for that. The fact that it takes longer to charge an EV than to gas up an ICE is a given.

Keep in mind that the intended purpose of each car is different. For example, I would not use my Leaf to drive across the country. We are getting a PiP for those long drives. Likewise, I would prefer to use the Leaf for the shorter trips so I burn zero gas. The two cars complement each other perfectly, and we select the vehicle to drive based on the trip planned.

Now, :focus:.

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I fully expect in the not too distant future someone with an EV will pull up to my house to ask for a charge. Much cheaper than giving away a gallon of gas and who knows might make a start of a great friendship.

3. OilFreedom

OilFreedom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That's the spirit! Any ol' 120 outlet will do! Maybe put a sign in your yard and make LOTS of new friends. :)

4. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's what the plug share app/website is all about!

I almost had my electrician put in a 20A 240V outlet on my lamp post just for sharing... (ended up skipping that due to breaker space issues, just have a 120V instead...)

3 people like this.
  5. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    not that anyone cares (too busy driving their PiPs, I guess) I've updated the spreadsheet with my cancellation.

is it time to unsticky this thread?