1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mretc1, Nov 20, 2005.

1. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    This is the verbatim language from Samsung's spec sheet:

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

It's quite wrong - I have a 940 and it does support pushing.

What they did is confuse the 970 for Verizon with the 940 for Sprint. They look exactly the same, but their abilities are way different. The 970 only supports Handset and Hands-free. 970 is lacking in alot of features the Sprint version has.

3. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The spec sheet I quoted was for the 900, not the 940. Have you experimented pushing with the 900?

4. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    P.S. Something is weird. The spec sheet is for the 900, but the ** refers to the 940.

:unsure:

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

heh heh - I know. I said that in the last post of the previous page.

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=1...ndpost&p=159381

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yes. I was bouncing pictures and contacts between the two a few weeks back.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I thought that the 900 is yet to be released. You must be very well connected.

:D

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

It's out on Friday. I'm thinking of picking one up for myself. The one I had was a preproduction model, so I want to see what the stronger case they made for a real one is like before I decide.

And when it comes to Sprint, I am.

9. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two

I spoke with a Sprint rep. about their lacking ad with regard to the LG PM325. I was told it was intended to be a summary only, and it is up to the buyer to ask questions before purchasing a phone. Interesting, that broad had never heard of OBEX, but sure as heck thought I should have asked about it! :angry:

10. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Vagabond appears to be a lot more knowledgeable and considerably better informed than any Sprint customer service representative I have ever dealt with.

:)

11. mretc1

mretc1 New Member

Vagabond- let me know if you get Samsung's RAZR challenger. It looks nice in the pictures I've seen! Thanks for all the feedback and for differentiating Verizon's bluetooth crippling rollout vs. Sprint's version.

I know that the 940 accepts a memory card and was wondering if there is any way that the 940 can use the card to expand the phonebook capacity.

When I checked the Samsung website for the manual, it appeared that the memory is only for video/picture etc. files. Any experience with this- Is the built in capacity 500 names X 5 numbers per name?

Thanks again-

Eric

12. HyDee

HyDee New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    huh... well, I can tell you that I saw it with my very own eyes, no cords needed!

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The memory card is only for media files - but yes it's 500 names with 5 numbers + email.

And if all goes well, I'll be getting the Blade tomarrow morning. B)
    I like my 940, but since I have an iPod, the only thing I would need the 940 for is it's camera. Not good enough since the Blade looks so much nicer.

14. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

For the life of me, I can't figure out how this was done. I should be able to get my hands on a 325 this weekend or next week. Perhaps there was an update to Bluetooth with version .20?

Can I ask you how long ago you had this done? Which verison of the software the phone has? It's under Phone Info.

15. mretc1

mretc1 New Member

From the Samsung Website: http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/js...559&PROD_ID=679

What Are The Available Bluetooth Profiles That Are Available On My SPH-A900?

Different Bluetooth profiles can be used for specific Bluetooth functions. The following is a list of the available Bluetooth profiles the SPH-A900 can support.

Headset Profile:
    Bluetooth technology connects the phone to a wireless Bluetooth-enabled headset. When an incoming call is received, the ringer can be heard through the headset, instead of the phone. The call can then be received by pushing a button. Increase or decrease the volume by using the volume key on the side of the phone.

Hands-Free Profile:
    Bluetooth technology connects the phone to a wireless Bluetooth-enabled car kit. Incoming calls ring to the hands-free headset or device. Calls can be received by pressing a button on the headset or device. For dialing, four functions are supported: recent call dial, voice dial, speed dial, and number dial. Increase or decrease the volume by using the volume key on the side of the phone.

DUN:
    Dial-Up Network Profile - Bluetooth technology functions as a wireless data cable, connecting a PC or PDA to a network through your handset.

BPP:
    Basic Printing Profile - Bluetooth technology functions as a PictBridge printing connection to a printer from your handset.

OPP:
    Object Push Profile - is based on the Generic Object Exchange (OBEX) profile which uses predefined object formats. The object formats are vcard, vcal, vmsg and vnote.

FTP:
    File Transfer Protocol- is based on the Generic FTP Protocol to exchange files.

Vagabond- did you get it?

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yea, no luck pairing it however. Battery was near-dead, so that may have something to do with it.

17. mretc1

mretc1 New Member

I was checking out the Bluetooth Forum and the Samsung Bluetooth certificates for both the 940 and 900 appeared to be the same-

Hope it was only the battery and you have better luck today!

18. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yea, it paired up just fine after I charged it. It's working really well now too.

19. Wynder

Wynder New Member

So, for SprintPCS, what's the final verdict on which phone(s) will definitely be 100% feature-compatible with the Prius?

20. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I want more time with the A900 before I answer yes or no on it. The Signal bar thingie does not work on the Prius, and phone book transfers are a one-at-a-time process, but the calls are so far clear and conversations are easy to have. And I want to see how the A940 does with it's BT improvments due out at the end of december.

But if you want the display to fully work and BT transfers to be simple right now, the Treo 650.