1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mretc1, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh yea, it didn't solve the phantom call problem. I drove around this afternoon and pop. I was pissed.

2. mohini

mohini New Member

Hi Vagabound,

thanks for your informative posts. Any idea if they will post an update to the phantom call problem? I can still return my phone as I purchased the phone 25 days ago.

thanks,

3. Wynder

Wynder New Member

I still have issues with my A940... Power Vision and picture mail, the infamous Sprint proxy information request on certain websites you browse to and I've gotten only a few phantom calls.

Hope something is in the works.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

There is, but i'll be honest with you they're more focused on the 900 since there are ALOT more out and in consumer's hands.

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

They're not telling me. I keep presuring them.

6. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Thanks Vagabond for your help and please let us know when Sprint and Samsung come up with one more patch for this A900 phone.

7. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    np, you'll know that it's come out with my woop of joy. I gurantee you'll hear it.

Sprint updated the Treo. Nothing too big, no bluetooth updates.

8. anagle09

anagle09 New Member

Any new news on the 900?

9. Wynder

Wynder New Member

Or the 940... getting tired of having to reset it everytime I want to send a picture mail.

10. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Yesterday I opened up a case with Sprint technical support and told them that Bluetooth is not working properly and he said it is surprising to hear that Bluetooth issue is not yet fixed even after applying those patches. Funny thing is he just gave me case number alone and when I asked if I hear any thing from customer service once if there is any new update is available he said NO. The only way to find out if there is any new update is to findout by manual way of going to options and search if there is any new version of firmware update. I am wondering when we are going to get this new firmware update which will resolve these problems.

11. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I haven't said anything yet because I wanted to give you all something concrete, but Samsung finally atknowledged the problem and said they are working on it. No ETA on this yet.

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yea, the update is coming soon. I'm told that it's in it's final stages to be sent out to stores.

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

While the information I give you is available to just about every Sprint employee, few are aware where I get my info from and they don't advertise it.

14. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Vagabond,
    When I went to local sprint store to transfer my contacts from old phone to new Samsung A900 phone they were telling me that still software is not available to do this contacts transfer and can you please tell us if there is a work around for this? Also can you update us when this software is available for us to transfer contacts information?
    Thanks

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm assuming that you went to a corporate store (give me the address or your address or something I can track it down so I can verify) if you did, they have the software. It's pushed to all the stores at once. If one store has it, they all do.

16. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ahhhhh! I'm late! The 900 was updated and it fixes with phantom ring! zOMG! It works! It works!

17. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    PS: I'm happy.

18. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Thanks a lot Vagabond for this information and we really appreciate your help. I live in the vicinity of zip code 91302 and I tried 3 stores in this area. One store was under renovation and other two didn't have the required software to upload contacts to this phone and they were saying that they still don't have the required software or cable to upload this information. So ended up spending almost 3 hours to manually upload this contact information one by one for which I am frustated. What I am really surprised is that one of my collegue was carrying next version of phone with built in Itunes from Cingular service better than Motorola razer v3 and he was saying that he had no bluetooth problems with it so far and no phantom calls either. Also he was mentioning that customer service already uploaded contacts into this new phone already from the old phone.

I am surprised to see why Sprint takes so long to fix these issues and aren't they supposed to QA the phone throughly before they release the phone to consumers?

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

The slvr has nothing to do with the a900. One's motorola, one's samsung.

And if you really want to know why these phones are so buggy, it's because of PR. Sprint and Verizon were in a race on who could get their phone out faster, the a900 or the CDMA version of the Razr. The a900 is actually extremely new. Most phones from Korea take a few years to make it to US soil. The a900 was released in korea, and sprint wanted it so badly it was added to their lineup in less than 8 months. But that's why there are so many bugs - they wanted it out, and they wanted it out now.

20. mchinta

mchinta New Member

Thanks Vagabond for your update on this phone. I have been using this new update with my Prius 2006 with Package 8 now for almost a week now and no issues. So this update definitely fixed all of the issues with this phone. :)