1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mretc1, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

There's lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people throwing out dates that you don't really know what's true and what's not. I work there and I never said any dates even if I believe they're concrete. The people saying dates just because a rep told them so amuse me the most since it's the reps who are allways, allways the last to know.

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I saw the LG PM-325 at a Sprint store on Sunday. Hmm, that's too bad, it sounds like I shouldn't worry too much about the sending phonebook part if none of the non-PDA ones can do it. <shrug>

3. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Yea, but they're out of stock. Just about every store is with the 350 right 'round the corner.

4. PhilS

PhilS New Member

My situation is this:

- I have a 2004 Prius.
    - For more than two years the car’s Bluetooth worked perfectly with a Nokia cell phone.
    - I want to switch to Sprint to become part of a corporate plan.
    - The Sprint Bluetooth enabled phone which I am using is the Samsung A900.
    - I like all of the characteristics of the phone except for the Bluetooth problems described below.
    - I am able to synch my phone with the Prius.

Sometimes, it works correctly in handsfree mode, but most of the time it does not. It fails in a variety of different ways:

- Sometimes it won’t connect when I start the car.
    - Sometimes it connects, but when I try to make a call it can’t find the phone.
    - Sometimes when it finds the phone and makes the call it doesn’t come through the car speaker.
    - Sometimes if I delete the phone from the Prius and start all over it works, but sometimes it doesn’t.

It seems like there might be some setting that I’ve got wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is.

So I’m asking two questions:

- Has anyone out there been successful in getting the Samsung A900 working correctly with a Prius in Bluetooth mode?
    - If so, can you offer any insight to me on this?

Thanks,

Phil

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

The a900 works well with the Prius - but you need to have the latest software version for the 900, ZB12

6. PhilS

PhilS New Member

Vagabond - How do I ascertain the software version? Thanks, Phil

7. PhilS

PhilS New Member

Vagabond -

I was able to find the software version. It is ZB12.

Two days ago I took the phone into the Sprint store. The manager worked with the phone and ran into several of the problems which I described in my earlier post. We thought that there might be a hardware problem with the phone, so he then exchanged it for a second 900. We still had the same problems.

Are you just saying that it works well because it should work well? Or do you know for a fact that it works well on a Prius? Could the fact that I have a 2004 Prius be a factor? Is it possible that Toyota can provide an update?

Incidently, a friend borrowed the car. The friend is a T-Mobil user. He had another Samsung phone model with Bluetooth and it worked fine.

Thanks again.

Phil

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two

9. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

Hi I have a samsung A920 and I am trying to figure out how to voice dial with the bluetooth in the prius? Does anyone know how to get it to work ???

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Apr 5 2006, 04:25 AM) [snapback]235197[/snapback]</div>

You can't sadly - it's the nature of bluetooth and prius not understanding what the phone is trying to do. When you hold down the talk key, the phone goes to voice control BUT, since it's paired to the car it sends the audio to the car. You can't hear it since the car does not activate the speaker and mic when the phone sends the audio signal. As far as I know, the Handsfree profile does not allow for this.

And the LG-350 will be sold starting the last week of April.

I can't believe I just said that, after my first post on page 8.

11. chezypuffs

chezypuffs New Member

Hi Phil. I have a Samsung A900 phone through Sprint. It works great with my 2006 Prius. The only issue I have is that I receive 'ghost calls'. The display says I'm receiving a call that is not supported and it will ring but when I look at my cell there is no call coming through and I am unable to answer it. It's annoying as h3ll! Not sure if it's an issue with my phone or the car.

12. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

I think this problem is with any bluetooth in the Prius I get the same problem with my A920. Sometimes I just get into the car and the ph connects right away like a call is coming in but no call? Latley it will pair up then for no reason its gone then after 5min its back and working good? Defintley ghosts making there mark with blue tooth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chezypuffs @ Apr 6 2006, 03:15 PM) [snapback]235917[/snapback]</div>

13. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chezypuffs @ Apr 6 2006, 12:15 PM) [snapback]235917[/snapback]</div>

Take your phone to a Sprint store and have them update your software to the latest version, ZB12. That will solve your problems.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Apr 6 2006, 03:00 PM) [snapback]235995[/snapback]</div>

Take your phone to a Sprint store and have them update your software to the latest version, ZB07. That will solve your problems.

14. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

I did the update thru th phone unless its not the same update? Will they charge me for this update? Which update ZB07 or ZB12?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 6 2006, 08:11 PM) [snapback]236053[/snapback]</div>

15. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Apr 6 2006, 06:18 PM) [snapback]236081[/snapback]</div>

You have a 920, so yours is ZB07. You can only do Firmware over the air to ZB06. ZB07 has the bluetooth fixes.

16. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

OK I am doing the update thru my phone which I hope its the ZB07 one. It did say something about bluetooth fixes .So hope this works and maybe the voicedialing may start to work? Thank you for your help vagabond.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 6 2006, 09:25 PM) [snapback]236082[/snapback]</div>

17. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Apr 7 2006, 05:31 AM) [snapback]236271[/snapback]</div>

Your voicedial cannot work. It's not supposed to. The Prius uses the handsfree profile, not the headset.

And in order to get the absolute latest version, you need to go to a store.

18. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

Well So far no real change I can see yet with the update I did from the phone. I will get to a store maybe today and hope they know what I am talking about ..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 7 2006, 07:39 PM) [snapback]236561[/snapback]</div>

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(m6scott @ Apr 9 2006, 07:49 AM) [snapback]237134[/snapback]</div>

Do ##786# and click on System - then scroll down til you see " S: " followed by your model number and a few letters. Post that line. If you just did the update, it should say ZB06 or ZB07. If you take it into the store (and I sure hope you have the insurance so you avoid a service charge) make sure they backup or print the phone book. Very rarely right after the update the screen will turn white and be stuck that way.

20. m6scott

m6scott Junior Member

I went to the store they said I had the most update software ,so they did nothing. I did mention to them I wanted the ZB07 update. After taking my phone to the tech he said I already have it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 10 2006, 06:25 AM) [snapback]237435[/snapback]</div>