1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sprint Samsung A920 blues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by pgorbas, Apr 27, 2006.

1. pgorbas

pgorbas New Member

I got a Sprint Samsung A920 phone last night, and I definetly have mixed fealings about the device.

Pros:
    No problem pairing the phone with the car. I could make both outgoing and take incoming calls through the car. Nice how Radio is musted and a CD is paused until the phone call is complete.

Cons:
    Bluethooth phone to car only syncs the phone. The A920 is also a MP3 player, but there seams no way to get the mp3 audio to come through the car( while you could listen with a bluethooth headset)?

The phone comes with a USB cable that is evidently useless for anything except to use your phone as a computer modem, and that feature cost another $40 or so a month on top of your exsiting plan. There seams no way to sync your PC's Outlook information, ringtones or graphics to the A920 using the USB cable.

I have sean some rumors that if your PC has a bluethooth adaptor(mine dosn't), you can sync the outlook information (phone contacts only into the car - no calendar or todo list) and you still can't ftp files ( appplications, graphics or music ).

The included 32MB trans flash memory card the phone comes with is pretty useless for music - holds about 4 songs. The phone itself has even less memory - so despite the ability to play MP3's - the phone is fairly useless because of virtually 0 storage.

????????
    Anyone have better luck with the A920 getting it to sync with PC and/or Prius 06??????

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got a Sprint Samsung A920 phone last night, and I definetly have mixed fealings about the device.

Pros:
    No problem pairing the phone with the car. I could make both outgoing and take incoming calls through the car. Nice how Radio is musted and a CD is paused until the phone call is complete.

Cons:
    Bluethooth phone to car only syncs the phone. The A920 is also a MP3 player, but there seams no way to get the mp3 audio to come through the car( while you could listen with a bluethooth headset)?

Yea, the phone does not support music listening over BT. You can't listen to it over a BT headset either. Most phones don't.

The phone comes with a USB cable that is evidently useless for anything except to use your phone as a computer modem, and that feature cost another $40 or so a month on top of your exsiting plan. There seams no way to sync your PC's Outlook information, ringtones or graphics to the A920 using the USB cable.

Nope, can't do that either. Actually, it's how the phone's software is written. It's not easy to get information out of it. This (maybe) will change in the future.

I have sean some rumors that if your PC has a bluethooth adaptor(mine dosn't), you can sync the outlook information (phone contacts only into the car - no calendar or todo list) and you still can't ftp files ( appplications, graphics or music ).

That's the phone. The 920 has ZERO ftp ability by bluetooth. It's a cheeper phone and they left it out. More importantly, it doesn't have voice to speech either. The samsung a900 and a940 do have these abilities.

The included 32MB trans flash memory card the phone comes with is pretty useless for music - holds about 4 songs. The phone itself has even less memory - so despite the ability to play MP3's - the phone is fairly useless because of virtually 0 storage.

Buy a bigger memory card? Problem solved?
    ????????
    Anyone have better luck with the A920 getting it to sync with PC and/or Prius 06??????

It's not supposed to. It's not a failing of the car or phone, it's not an included feature in the phone.

3. pgorbas

pgorbas New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Apr 29 2006, 04:24 AM) [snapback]247133[/snapback]</div>
    I just might have to return it for another model..