1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SprintPCS A900 Dialing via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by srussell, May 22, 2006.

1. srussell

srussell New Member

I just picked up my new 06 and am trying to get everything figured out. I am trying to dial by voice since the numeric pad is disabled when the car is moving. I can activate by saying dail by number and voice record the number but the car then asks for me to either push the voice button or the off hook switch to dial. If I push the voice button it prompts me to say the number again. If I push the off hook switch, all it does is return me to the keypad screen and won't dial. With the car stopped I can dial via the keypad screen so I am assuming the connection is working.

Any tips?

Thanks

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irbe @ May 22 2006, 05:43 PM) [snapback]259461[/snapback]</div>

What do you mean by voice record? You mean you have the voice command setup on the phone?

3. srussell

srussell New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 23 2006, 01:46 AM) [snapback]259599[/snapback]</div>
    No, the voice commands are all entered throught the Prius Voice Activation. The sequence is
    1. Press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "dial by number"
    2. Car responds with "after the beep, say the number"
    3. I state the number and car repeats the number and then says "when ready press the voice command button or the off-hook button to dial"
    4. Pressing the voice command button takes me back to step 2. Pressing the off-hook button takes me to the numeric entry pad on the nav screen.

I can't seem to get the car to send the number to the phone. I can dial on the phone and the call immediately uses the prius sound system. I can also receive calls by selecting the off-hook icon on the nav system. So it's clear that the phone is pairing with the car.

Thanks for any insight you might have.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irbe @ May 23 2006, 07:27 AM) [snapback]259687[/snapback]</div>

HMM. If I get my car back this evening I'll take a crack at it.

5. srussell

srussell New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 23 2006, 02:25 PM) [snapback]259853[/snapback]</div>
    A few other configuration items. I am using the "hands free" setup on the a900. I checked my software version on the phone and it is ZB06 so I am off today to get it updated.

Why don't they do these updates over the air? More a vent than a question.

Thanks for your help. I have been following the other sprint pcs thread and really appreciate the sprint and BT knowledge you bring to this forum.

6. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irbe @ May 26 2006, 09:47 AM) [snapback]261354[/snapback]</div>
    The car won't accept any other setup actually. That's too bad, cause if it allowed a PC connection I bet the phone could push out the entire phone book with it's current limitations.

The newest software when it came out had a habit of making the screen go white. The phone still worked, you just couldn't see anything. They fixed that so why can't you do an over the air update now? I don't know. Annoying to me too. Guess somewhere someone still thinks there's a problem but doesn't want to make it public.

;)

7. srussell

srussell New Member

I'll let you know if the current firmware makes a difference. I tend to doubt it's the phone. And since no one else seems to be having this problem, I was hoping I was doing something incorrectly. I might swing by the dealer and show it to them. Though, not very optimistic on that front. They couldn't even step me through some of the nav system details when I picked it up.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irbe @ May 26 2006, 10:17 AM) [snapback]261371[/snapback]</div>

I doubt the firmware changed anything, but I'll be honest I didn't play with this after I updated my own phone. I was just so happy it worked and no more phantom calls that I let it be. I've been too complacent in my old age. :mellow:

9. srussell

srussell New Member

Quick update. I went to two sprint stores and neither one could upgrade the firmware to ZB12. Then, I accidentally dropped the phone into the pool. Ruined the phone. Got a refurbished a900 (which came with ZB12) and now all of my problems are fixed. I can voice dial without any problems and no phantom rings. Odd that the voice activation problem was with the phone.

Thanks for your help.

10. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(irbe @ Jun 2 2006, 02:07 PM) [snapback]264842[/snapback]</div>
    doh! You should have dropped your phone in the pool next month, that's when the new version comes out!

11. ncc1701mda

ncc1701mda Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ Jun 2 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]264874[/snapback]</div>
    New version of the phone? A900xxx? Or new version of the firmware? I am getting ready to update my Sprint phone and if the A900xxx works with the Prius that may be the ticket!

Mike

12. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ncc1701mda @ Jun 3 2006, 05:36 AM) [snapback]265107[/snapback]</div>
    a900p

a900 with some tweaks and a (FINALLY) a transflash memory slot.

I've got a 512 sitting here in my a940 collecting dust. I spend way too much in phones every year.

Cell phone, why can't I stop loving you.