1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SprintPCS PPC-6700 BlueTooth Question?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DaWeav, Oct 19, 2005.

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The SprintPCS PPC-6700 to me is an extremely loaded PocketPC/Windows Mobile 5.0 Cell Phone with a boatload of features. SprintPCS has advised me that I qualify for a business account, and that as such, I qualify to purchase the PPC-6700 from their Business section which is presently the only official way to get the PPC-6700 from Sprint.

Anyway, I'm hoping that the new Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 OS has all the nice little Bluetooth 'profiles' in it that will allow it to function properly with the Prius Bluetooth Navigation system. But before I change my personal account over to a business account and lay down a $480 ($630 initially before the $150 rebate) for this PPC-6700, I was wandering if any Prius owner's out there with the Bluetooth Navigation Kit built into their Prius has used or tested this PPC-6700 phone from Sprint with the Prius?

Questions?
    1) Does call in progress transfer from the PPC-6700 handset to handsfree when the Prius ignition is turned on. (after of course the Bluetooth connection completes)
    2) Can a call be transfered from the PPC-6700 to the Prius (handsfree) during a call?
    3) Can a call be transfered from the Prius (handsfree) to the PPC-6700?
    4) Can a call be placed through the Prius (handsfree) while paired with the PPC-6700?
    5) Can a call be answered via Prius (handsfree) when paired with the PPC-6700?
    6) Can a call be dialed via Prius (handsfree) navigation system when paired with the PPC-6700?
    7) When receiving an incomming call, is the ring tone from the PPC-6700 heard through the Prius audio system when paired?
    8) Is the PPC-6700's cellular signal strength displayed on the Prius Navigation screen?
    9) And now for the most unsupported Prius Bluetooth feature...Can the phone book be transfered from the PPC-6700 to the Prius, and is it a single or multiple number(s) transfer???

Thank you :)

[​IMG]

2. DaWeav

DaWeav Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Well, I found out this PPC-6700 has a boatload of features except for Bluetooth 'profiles'!!! :( Here is a thread from the OEM AudioVox;

Discussion Thread

10/22/2005 10:29 PM I have read the PPC-6700 manual which Sprint provided with the unit, but it does not include a list of Bluetooth ‘Profiles’ available in the PPC-6700. I have asked Sprint to provide me with the specific listing of the Bluetooth ‘profiles’ built into the PPC-6700, but all Sprint has provided me to date is that the PPC-6700 is Bluetooth version 1.2.

Since you are the actual OEM of the PPC-6700, could you please provide me with the entire listing of the actual Bluetooth ‘profiles’ that the PPC-6700 supports as provided by Sprint?

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Response (TGROSSMAN) - 10/24/2005 09:30 AM The device supports Headset, Hands-free, and Serial Port profiles for Bluetooth.