1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Spy Shots: Toyota's baby Prius C spotted for the first time

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by krelborne, Jun 2, 2011.

1. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Like we can even tell what the lines are like. Has anyone tried scanning that thing with their smartphone?

Our Fiesta listed at 18, if this thing can come near that price plus the estimated 60mpg we are all looking for and still be at least as fast as the regular prius I will be thrilled.

When I lease is up this is one of my hopefuls, that and the Focus EV.

2. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Haha, this was defenately a Prius C. However when the copy cat brands 'H', 'K'.. introduce thrie copy models, they will look similar.:D

3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dropped and with a set of 19s it'll look fine.

4. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The picture does not look like a scaled-down Prius to me, but rather an exact Prius for the first half, and then the Prius 50-70% cut out. I expect rear seats to be very cramped. I suspect that calling it a 5 seater is going to be in doubt, and even as a 4 seater only two american sized adults will fit.

Perfect!

5. slayerhk47

slayerhk47 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did anyone else notice in the last pic on autoblog that there is a standard ignition key? I can't tell if this is because it is pre-production or one of the cost saving measures.

Also that radio looks like crap.

6. billnchristy

billnchristy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I think this is a straight up yaris with the hsd stuff in it.

7. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I knew the rear would change since the concept did not have a functional tailgate, but I was hoping that the headlights would stay behind the windshield, unique and cool!

Form follows function!
    The Prius c however, will come out of the same wind tunnel testing as the current Prius, "Dare I call it Lifback!". So, it is not a surprise that the end result to benefit efficiency is going to produce a very similar look. I think Toyota is more interested in efficiency and if this thing comes out with a combined 60mpg, all those current so-called 40mpg highway club that have combined mileage in the low 30's, would have their mileage doubled.

I don't think there is anything wrong if it is the same look, after all, BMW, Audi and some others have only one front end look for all their cars and SUVs and then, they make them in small, medium and large.

8. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The lower front is like the new Yaris not yet available in Europe. The rest of the front is similar to the Prius Gen 3, the rest looks to me as a shrunk version of the Prius v/+/alpha. The interior pics don't mean anything and that thing is not a radio.
    A car of this size will be approved for 5, but 4 will be able to sit comfortably for 3-400km trips at most. After that range it might get uncomfortable. But for the city, especially EU ones, it would be great. But likely they are not going to release it here, since we get the Yaris...
    A concept is what it is, a concept - almost never ideas, the cool ones that is, get to the production models unless they are economically viable on a mass production scale, or bring true innovation that can be sold to the mass market. Why the rear lights are not where they were on the concept is a bit weird, but I am expecting a back side looking exactly like the v/+/alpha. It will be cheaper and faster to design and to produce (share of the same type of machine/production procedures).

9. Rocco42

Rocco42 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    What do they call that color? ;)

10. Corwyn

Corwyn Energy Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It looked to me like the whole dash was made from duct tape. So I am betting, not final version. :)

11. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After staring at the pics a little longer, it doesn't really look that bad, and it's definitely a Prius, not a Yaris, Matrix, or anything else. The low angle of the large windshield gives it away. As well as the centered electronic instrument panel and steering wheel controls. However, I am a bit concerned that the rear wheel wells are too small to fit some real rims in there.

12. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Now that you mentioned the opening of the rear wheel wells, I wonder how much more efficiency would they get out of this car, if the rear wheel wells were covered like "First Gen Honda Insight Style"

13. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    toyota always turns out good designs. up until the rear. they just give up at that point. I dont think the rear looks bad from the side.. but straight on it looks like a matrix butt. That's just me though.. I don't like the Prius V's ugly rear either, but the CT is definitely on my good looking list.

edit: the more i look at it, the more i realize that it's its huge butt.. i mean bumper that is what's turning me off.

14. Sergiospl

Sergiospl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    :confused:, Are you talking about cars or women?

15. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I hope the back window has been taped, so that the car actually looks like the concept. And although I mostly laugh at people's preoccupation with wheels, the wheels on the concept truly look splendid.

16. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If priced right (Under $20k, play it safe and say $19k) and can get I'd dare to say above 50mpg, I think Toyota will have a real winner with this 'mini' Prius. Can't wait to see it without the wrap.

17. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That's the point of the camouflage job. This and other cladding is common to unreleased test vehicles across all automakers.

The outside does bear a resembles to the Auris.

18. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I would bet that the rear wiper is in the glass and that the glass extends to what looks like a ridge in the plastic wrap.

19. hampdenwireless

hampdenwireless Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    It will get more then 50mpg. I am betting under $20k, but Toyota could still sell it at $22k.

To me, it looks like a Prius mated with a CRX. I like the results.

20. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It makes me wonder why they don't just make the concept cars. People almost always like them more than the production version. So why not just produce it...