1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Squeaking noise when turning to the right

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by PortlandHiker, Nov 19, 2022.

1. PortlandHiker

PortlandHiker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Recently my 2015 Prius has started making a squeaking noise when turning to the right. The noise seems to only occur when the car is actually moving. If I'm stopped and I turn the wheel, there is no squeaking noise. There is also no noise when turning to the left. This noise also occurs when I turn the wheel to the right when backing up.

Any thoughts about where this noise could be coming from? I have an appointment with my local mechanic, but he won't be able to check the car until after Thanksgiving and I'm hoping there's something I can do to fix it before then.

2. drives

drives Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    III
    More-so at slow speeds? First thing I'd check is the pads aren't stuck onto discs/worn. Lubricate slider pins and make sure that nothing is binding. Lubricate pad mounts etc. Someone stood outside by vehicle whilst slowly manoeuvring should be able help narrow down if it is coming from brakes, and what wheel.

https://www.super-lube.com/brake-grease-applications

3. Hokie-Dave

Hokie-Dave Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Does it get louder as you go faster? If so, it could be one of your left wheel bearings starting to fail.