1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Squeaking sounds coming from dash.

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Engz, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Engz

Engz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hey guys, I just want to see if this is a common problem with the Prius V.

I got the car with 37k miles. I bought the car for rideshare. So in just a few miles I have put in 20k miles and have been in very bumpy roads here in NYC. Just recently, I started to get a squeaking sound coming from underneath the dash, I first thought it was somewhere near the steering column. I would only hear the squeak if I'm driving on bumpy roads or hit a bump.

2. lrisius

lrisius Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    201 v Three, about 41k miles. No squeeking issues. But I am probably on better roads than you are.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    2012 v Five 36k, no squeaks. LI roads not appreciably better than those in NYC...

4. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I sometimes get noise from the cupholder area especially if the cup is ceramic and large. It often sounds like it is coming from the dash. Usually goes away when the cabin warms up or sometimes if I put a paper napkin in the cupholder first.

#4 rjparker, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  5. Engz

Engz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Yes me too. That's the one I can definitely notice once in a while.

Thank you guys for the reply.

I got up this morning and looked around the steering column and the plastics underneath and I noticed a bolt missing? It can easily be seen buy just flipping the rubber flap right behind the steering wheel where you can look in and see the steering column. If it's not a problem, can you guys check if there is suppose to be a bolt there. Here's a pic. PriusProblem 2.jpg PriusProblem3.jpg

6. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Mine is a 2012 v Model 3. The missing screw is the same. The screw on the right appears to be holding a bracket which is probably securing a module of some kind. Would not be surprised if the v Model 5 has something on the left side as it has many more options. bolt 1.JPG bolt 2.JPG

7. Engz

Engz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Uuugh damnit. I was so stoked about it being the culprit. Back to it again...