1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Squeaky Brake Pedal? Have tried WD40 but can’t seem to find exact spot to spray.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by mainestreamrob, Apr 15, 2021.

1. mainestreamrob

mainestreamrob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello! I am looking for advice on how to fix this squeaking noise coming from my brake pedal. It’s been going on for months and starting to get super annoying. I am certain it’s coming from somewhere in the video(brake pedal components) yet I’ve sprayed WD40 into the black rubber bushing and on a few other components and nothing has seem to done anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also I am not referring to the humming noise, specifically the squeak. I’m about to give up..
    2007 102K
    Thanks!

2. mainestreamrob

mainestreamrob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
  3. kmsbanr

kmsbanr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I saw this after reading your post in a recommended box of videos to watch next on YouTube. It's from O'Reillys and the clutch sounds like your pedal. Hope it helps..

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The original poster actually has been on here fairly recently so he might see your answer.

NOTE: Original formula WD40 is NOT a good lubricant.
    It was not designed for that.

kmsbanr and Meg&Bear like this.
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Second Sam's comment. Original formula WD-40 will dry out the connection surfaces and make the squeaking worse over the long run. Use a proper lubricant.

Use something like spray on Lithium grease, or this:

CRC Multilube Gel.png

kmsbanr and Meg&Bear like this.
  6. kmsbanr

kmsbanr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I never saw your reply but appreciate it. Interestingly I had a muffler issue and they checked my brakes which needed to be done. To my surprise the sound went away! So if I ever have a noisy pedal when depressed I’ll know what it means. I’ll also remember about WD 40. Thank you

7. kmsbanr

kmsbanr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Great video Thanks!