1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SRS Warning Light

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GeorgeMW, Feb 15, 2019.

1. GeorgeMW

GeorgeMW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, on my '06, the SRS warning light is ever-present, it doesnt go off even if I disconnect/reconnect the 12v battery. What could need changing(etc)? is it the Steering Angle Sensor? and could you point me to a good online store in the US that sells this stuff? thanks a whole bunch in advance!

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't know why you think steering angle sensor. SRS is the airbag system. Is it the passenger or driver SRS light that is on?

If it is the passenger, check the connections under the seat. If it is the driver's, it might be the steering wheel clock spring. If it is the latter, are any of the steering wheel buttons (particularly on the bottom right) malfunctioning? How about cruise control, is that working ok? As always, before doing anything on the airbag system, disconnect the 12 V battery and wait 2 -3 minutes for the system to discharge all power.

Reading the codes with Techstream (or any hybrid capable scanner) would be a good first step. It would eliminate much of the guessing.

#2 dolj, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. GeorgeMW

GeorgeMW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    thanks a lot! well, it is the driver one, additionally, every button works okay along with Cruise Control.