1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SRS Zero Point Seat Calibration B1650 with Techstream

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Geoffzie, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Geoffzie

Geoffzie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've done a quick search of the forum here, and didn't see an answer.

Was recently rear-ended in my recently purchased 2008 Toyota Prius ... the Airbag light came on and the Passenger's seat Airbag doesn't work now ... Have a code 32 / B1650 (also have B1785 and B1786 - don't know if they were prior codes).

I recently purchased a Mini VCI J2534 cable with Techstream software (v. 15.00.026) from eBay.

I watched a video on YouTube showing how to do a Zero Point Passenger's Seat Calibration with Techstream ... The problem is, I don't seems to have the right "buttons" in my version of Techstream to calibrate.

When I double click on "Occupant Detection" I simply get a screen showing me the B1785 and B1786 codes ... But no "Utility" button to calibrate the seat (see photo) Main.jpg Double Click.jpg .

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? ... Incomplete version of Techstream? ... Cable problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Geoffzie

Geoffzie New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I may have answered my own question.

I was running Techstream v15.00.026 with a "TS Loader" that was supplied ... Which eliminated the Registration Screen. But when I installed V10.00.028 (downloaded from these forums) WITHOUT a TS Loader ... The Registration Screen was displayed and I clicked on "Evaluate" ... The "Utility" button was there, and I was able to zero-calibrate my passenger's seat.

So ... Will I be able to use Techstream indefinitely with the "Evaluation" button? ... Or will it eventually stop working?

Evaluate.jpg

SFO likes this.
  3. Gen2-Tony

Gen2-Tony Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I’m having a similar issue. Where did you download V10.00.028?