1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stalled on the interstate

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Locust43, Dec 3, 2006.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Silver Phoenix @ Dec 8 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]359340[/snapback]</div>

well ya... on my accident, i was paid WAAAY more for my used 25 month old Prius than what it cost me brand new

2. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blair @ Dec 8 2006, 02:16 PM) [snapback]359339[/snapback]</div>
    I don't think the majority of people are literal when they say "floored". I think most people call it "flooring" to designate extreme acceleration.

3. slvr_phoenix

slvr_phoenix Tinker Gnome

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schmika @ Dec 8 2006, 07:57 PM) [snapback]359580[/snapback]</div>
    Meh. I've literally floored mine. :huh: But then I'm a curious bloke. In my experience though the Prius (at least mine) accelerates better when you don't floor it. If you flat out floor it, it gets confused and stutters as it tries to decide what to do. If you graduate into an eventual flooring however ... ZOOOOOM! Heh heh. :lol:

Though I was a bit miffed the other day. The traction control tried to kill me when halfway into a turn from a stoplight it decided to engage, even though I couldn't feel any traction loss. And yes, not only can I feel it, but I always feel it before my Prius does and almost always can handle the situation before my Prius does. And worse, in this case I wasn't even flooring it in any sense. The darn thing just decided to leave me stranded halfway into the lane. I guess it just doesn't like accelerating through a turn, regardless of the actual traction. It makes me wish I could fiddle with the programming. :lol: