1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Standard Battery Replaced followed by Warning Triangle

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by Ines, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Ines

Ines New Member

Vehicle:
    2000 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello

Today my Prius 2000 (157kKM) only jump-started. I had the standard car battery replaced and immediately the Warning Triangle is now showing. The car starts and runs just fine.

This has never happened before and the warning triangle must be connected to getting the battery replaced.

Is there anything else I can do apart from taking it to a Toyota dealer? It seems to me it must be just a minor reset that is needed in the system somewhere?!

Thank you!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can try disconnecting the 12v negative for an hour, to see if it will reset. if not, you'll have to see what trouble codes it is producing.
    sometimes, a change of 12v will set something off that was coming soon anyway.

3. Brian in Tucson

Brian in Tucson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you sure you got the polarity correct? The ground (earth) post should be pointing towards the rear of the car. Could the battery need charging? Bisco is right, you can disconnect the ground (earth) lead on the battery and it might reset the warning light. Unhooking it for a few minutes will be sufficient. Welcome to Priuschat, Mate.