1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Standard Interior pictures anyone?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by fberger, Mar 5, 2012.

1. fberger

fberger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks to all who posted pictures of their new PiPs already. So much fun to watch. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any of the standard interior. Most posters want to show the OEM leather installed at one particular dealer in CA...

Would any of the other lucky ones with a standard, dark grey cloth be able to post some pictures? It would help me cope with with the unbearable wait for my own standard Seaglass Pearl PHV scheduled for the end of April;)... I was supposed to get mine right about now, but changed my mind about the color and now I am at the end of the line...

Thanks in advance!

2. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here's all I got.. one image of the unmodified interior from my Base/non-Advanced PiP

[​IMG]

If you want to see the full sized 8MP image (to pick out any details), copy and past this URL in your address bar:

Code:
    http://www.tracksyde.com/forum/pip/stock_interior_large.jpg

7 people like this.
  3. fberger

fberger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks Tracksyde!

I am surprised how light the grey is, I was expecting a dark grey and this looks like the light grey.

4. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yeah.. I wouldnt characterize the seats as dark gray at all. I think the "general theme" of the interior is dark gray.. but mainly the dash area.. thats pretty dark gray.

Some people seem to appreciate the contrasting colors. I wouldnt have minded if it was all dark gray.

5. larry@SfToyota

larry@SfToyota SanFrancisco Toyota Ambassador

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The Prius plug in dark gray interior does not differ from the dark gray on the standard 2012 Prius.

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Looks great, I still wish the glove box 'plastic' was black and not just grey... Having that all black, with black for the center console cover and door inserts looks beautiful.

7. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Does this make up for it? :)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. LenP

LenP Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Standard Interior pictures anyone?
    I was supposed to get mine right about now, but changed my mind about the color and now I am at the end of the line...

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Better to wait a bit longer and get the color you want..... I'm getting the blue basic myself. [​IMG]

9. fberger

fberger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I had picked blue, but when I saw it at the DC auto show a couple of months ago I did not like it. Too much blue in it for me. I was hoping for something more silver, with some blue in it. I saw a 2012 Prius there in Sea glass pearl and liked it much better. My dealer had another customer who no longer wanted his seaglass and he switched me. I decided it was better to wait an extra month or two to get exactly what I liked.
    We currently have a 2006 with tan interior that I do not care much about. Really looking forward to the nice two tone grey interior. Should also be easier to keep clean.

10. Sandiegomom

Sandiegomom New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I love the color, thank you for the pics. I assumed it would be similar to the very dark, monochrome look of the 2011 interior, and am very happy about this! I have a black (cloth) interior in my current car and the seats show every speck of lint.