1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stars that own a Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BellBoy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. dsharp88

dsharp88 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Author, speaker, and syndicated radio talk show host Thom Hartmann drives one.

2. fastrnu

fastrnu New Member

Reese Witherspoon

3. phansson

phansson New Member

Yes he does fly private planes, but he flies by purchasing carbon credits from big corporations. I don't know how it works really.

I know this because he purchased flying time from ABF (Arkansas Best Freight) last month.

4. Rest

Rest Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(modernsituations @ Mar 30 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]232393[/snapback]</div>
    Not possible since he died in 1991.

5. mhawkin1

mhawkin1 Matt

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Jessica Alba has a Mag. Met. Prius.

Al Goe the III..... :)

6. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rest @ Aug 6 2007, 05:09 AM) [snapback]491146[/snapback]</div>
    I saw Elvis driving a Seaside Pearl.

7. gmlawrence

gmlawrence New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doc Willie @ Aug 5 2007, 05:53 AM) [snapback]490811[/snapback]</div>
    I do and love it and I was thinking of posting almost the same thing :D :p

8. perambulator

perambulator Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    KT Tunsdall drives one.

9. Barcelona Red Lass

Barcelona Red Lass Sips gas like fine wine!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I didn't realize hubby and I were such *stars* LOL!!

10. knownasmichael

knownasmichael New Member

Holly from the "Girls Next Door" drives a white prius too. I just saw the episode where she goes out to the Santa Monica dealer and buys one. Lol, she kept saying "oh, im dead now" every time the gas engine would turn off cause it was so quiet.

11. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(michael_prius @ Aug 20 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]499265[/snapback]</div>
    LMAO! That's too funny. I don't normally watch it, but I have to see this one.

My buddy can't get over the fact how silent the car is when it's idling. He walks all around the car trying to hear at least some kind of noise. It's funny.

12. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Stephen Spielberg and his family drove their Prius to the airport where they boarded a private Boeing 737 for a flight to the east coast. Pardon me for not gushing about "celebs driving Prii", but I find the lifestyles of most of these people to be so far over the top, anti-environmentally, that their driving a Prius is somewhat laughable. Nice to give publicity to the Prius, but don't for a minute think these people are cutting edge in the struggle.

13. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I believe Jennifer Aniston Has one as well

14. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    America Ferrera Wins Toyota Prius At Hot For Hollywood</span></span>

15. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Aug 20 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]499330[/snapback]</div>
    A good friend works for a very rich investor. They separate clear glass from colored glass for recycling, but this family of five lives in a 40,000 square home. The irony is not lost on my friend.

16. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Aug 20 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]499330[/snapback]</div>
    So I suppose you'd be happier if Spielberg and family sold their large home, moved to a Yurt in the country, grew their own fruit and veggies, hunted their own meat, and used no electricity at all.

THEN would you be satisfied?

Clue one for you:

These people have money. LOTS of money. It's actually sitting in little easy to carry bags all over their homes. And they spend it wherever they please. Including private jets. Are private jets bad? Not really. They are paid for, just by fewer people than pay for the American Airlines flight to the east coast that just took off in front of them.

Shall we all sell our private cars and take only busses? No, that would be silly.

It's the same thing for private jets. Only you wish you could afford to travel like that, and since you can't, you criticize it as being somehow "bad".

17. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman own a black Prius.

In the movie "Ten Items or Less" starring Morgan Freeman, who is playing himself, he drives up next to Danny and Rhea in their Prius. They even talk about the choice to use the Prius in the special features on the DVD.

18. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ Aug 21 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]499788[/snapback]</div>

Good post! I agree. If people are so concerned about the environment and don't want to sound like hypocrites, sell your cars! You can use public transportation in most cities. Cars are still a luxury, you don't have to have one.

19. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ Aug 22 2007, 12:53 AM) [snapback]499788[/snapback]</div>
    What bothers me is the hypocrisy here; where we should be all gaga about celebrities who buy Prii, but live a lifestyle that vastly negates whatever benefits the car might bestow on the environment. It isn't about whether biz jets are bad, whether I'm clueless, or envious of wealth, it's about the carbon footprint each one of us leaves on the environment based on the choices we make. Do you think using 30k gallons of petroleum to fly 5 people across the US is a good and sustainable thing? Frankly, it isn't just the megawealthy, it's all of us in the First World who will need to rethink how we live. Private cars, commercial air travel, and a host of high energy consuming technologies may become untenable for serious environmental reasons. While we are faced with serious climate change, we all need to do what we can, and those who consume the most resources should shoulder more of the responsibility.

What we seem to be doing in the current phase of dealing with climate change is trying to maintain our current lifestyle while simultaneously reducing the effects of climate change. I don't know if that's a tenable viewpoint.

20. Stepclimb

Stepclimb Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Angel Flight Pilot @ Aug 21 2007, 06:17 PM) [snapback]499995[/snapback]</div>
    While I agree with your assessment that it does seem a little hypocritical to drive a prius and then fly a BBJ LA to NY with a handful of people, your estimate of fuel usage is off by a factor of ten.

A BBJ, with CFM-56's will burn a little under 23,000 lbs LAX-TEB with a 30 kt tailwind at FL370. Divide that by 6.7 and you get 3430 Gallons, not 30,000 gallons.