1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Started my Prius after 17 day vacation, error P080A

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MB31, Jun 29, 2017.

1. MB31

MB31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The price he mentioned on the phone was around 1300 Euros excluding man hours. But he said he had to look into it and was not sure of the price and whether it includes tax or not. In his experience replacing altogether is a better approach.

Apparently it differs per dealership here. I spoke to another one that does replace cells for "good used" ones and he mentioned prices starting at 800 Euros up to 1200 depending on if the rail connecting them (as I understood it) had to be cleaned of oxidation as well or not. This dealer also mentioned that they will first look at the 12v battery as was mentioned in this thread as well.

2. uart

uart Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Is that for a new battery from Toyota MB31?

I think it's worth getting a new battery if the rest of the car is still in good condition. From everything you've said about the problem description, it definitely sounds like the battery is the only issue

3. MB31

MB31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I didn't ask, but I would assume so. It would not be custom at all here that a dealership uses parts not from the original brand.

As for it being worth the replacement. I am not very technical but in all other ways the car is in really good condition. It could use a new paint job but inside is still very nice. I have seen the bottom of the car and under the hood everything looks as new. I have only owned it since March but it has had one owner before me and has had all its maintenance at Toyota.

It does have 250.000 kilometers (150K miles) but I like the car so am tempted to keep it. Hope you get a warranty on the new battery though...

4. jeff652

jeff652 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    We ship to Netherlands all the time. We can ship anywhere in the world (except Germany - they are picky about the whole CE certification thing). We have shipped many systems to NL and they have all worked with the local 220V AC without issue. :)

5. MB31

MB31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Final update (I hope). As the Toyota dealer did not seem to eager to dive in, could not see me this week and mentioned it may take more than one day to diagnose the problem I did some more searching.

I found a company (http://www.hybride-shop.nl) about an hour away that creates/restores battery packs by replacing the bad cells for Prius 1, 2, 3 and Civic. They had a replacement in stock and I drove there this morning. Their analysis showed that the 12V battery was not ok and also one or more bad cells in the hybrid. They placed a new 12V battery and exchanged the full hybrid battery with one they previously restored. They will now restore my hybrid battery and save that for the next guy that has this problem.

I payed € 395 for the hybrid replacement which includes the man hours. It took 2 guys approx 1.5 hours. I have a warranty of 3 months on the hybrid battery. Paid € 80 for the new Bosch 12V battery.

6. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Not bad. Hope it lasts a long, long time. (y)