1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

starter battery problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by newblue07, Aug 12, 2007.

1. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tochatihu @ Aug 18 2007, 04:18 AM) [snapback]498255[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the yahoo info.

old battery is on float charger in garage now. Hao bu Hao?

I visit New Mexico and enjoy the Native American art.

Kachina dolls are many, and their stories are fascinating. Maybe that's why New Mexico is the land of enchantment?

Go Bill Richardson 2008!!!!!

2. KD6HDX

KD6HDX New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    UPDATE TO NEW BATTERY INSTALL:

After driving about 400 miles in a few days, I checked the voltage on the new battery. It was sitting at 13 Volts as measured on one of my voltmeters, and 12.9 volts on another meter. Both meters indicated that the voltage increased slightly after driving a few days, up from 12.7 volts.

3. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KD6HDX @ Aug 21 2007, 06:04 PM) [snapback]499992[/snapback]</div>
    You don't actually have to check the aux bat with a multimeter, the vehicle has a nice digital screen output showing current SOC. As well as some other relevant info.

4. wile-e

wile-e Junior Member

To follow up on the saga of my 2005 Prius:

I had the $700 fusible link and fuse box repair done. Since my car was no longer drivable I didn't have much of a choice. I should have had it towed to a reputable dealer or repair shop.

Now I have had the car back to the dealer at least four times because it keeps throwing engine codes and the coolant recirculation pump does not work correctly.

I have had use of my car for 5 days out of the last month. They have given me multiple loaner cars but that doesn't help when the car gets 20 miles per gallon or is a noisy POS like a Yaris.

Over a month now and when I got it back on the 19th of September it threw the code again. I checked the engine compartment and found the following:

The service people had torn up all of the snaps for the plastic engine cover. They were in perfect condition when the car went in for service, now the cover rattles in the wind.

Two straps were flipped off on the air cover.

The engine compartment was smeared with grease, I always keep mine clean and tend to be picky about it.

The fuse cover was up and when I snapped it down in place the recirculation pump whirred away.

I cannot believe that a dealership could have such horrible mechanics. I have talked to Toyota Corporate and gotten no help from them. "You have to go back to the dealer."

I also discovered that for some reason the right side of the back seat is now bent up. It just sticks up in the air....

I just finished writing to one of the co owners but I don't expect much help. What a bunch of Bozos at Vancouver Toyota. I just cannot believe it.

I should have just replaced the battery myself. They not only burned up my electrical system but are slowly destroying my car.

Southwest Washington owners beware! Stay away from Toyota of Vancouver!

5. wile-e

wile-e Junior Member

Hopefully this will be my FINAL update on my woes with Vancouver Toyota.

Their top tech found that the connections to the Fuse box were swapped around when they replaced my fuse box. :angry: (Insert grumble about them originally burning it up at the dealer.) :angry: Since I was the one who found that pressing on the fuse box allowed the coolant recirculation to work, I was not to shocked that things weren't connected correctly! :rolleyes:

The back seat is magically no longer bent up. :rolleyes:

The plastic snaps were replaced. :)

The dash no longer rattles.

They detailed my car before I picked it up.

Overall I am happy that it is fixed, but August 13th to October 2nd? SHEESH!

Anyone know a good Toyota service group in the Portland/Vancouver area? B)