1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

State looks to pull anti-Bush license plate

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TheForce, May 5, 2007.

1. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudiger @ May 7 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]436978[/snapback]</div>
    If that's the case and this goes through, people should protest by randomly complaining about personalized plates, i.e., "I object to the plate LUVMYKDZ. I hate kids. That plate causes me mental distress." If they'll take any complaint, then give'm the paperwork.

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

When we were driving down south last week on I-95, we were behind a guy driving a Corvette with a tag that read, "BIG GUY". I found that offensive. I also suspect that it was a lie, since it was on a Corvette. :lol:

3. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 7 2007, 02:05 PM) [snapback]436997[/snapback]</div>
    :)

Yeah, and actually looking at their law on the books, it doesn't say a thing about one complaint being sufficient to recall a plate. So this really sounds like that DMV official imposing his own "deceny" agenda on it.

32-5-89.2. Special personalized license plates as replacement for regular plates--Number of letters--Duplications prohibited--Offensive letter combinations. Any owner of a motor vehicle, including a motorcycle, who is a resident of this state, and who has complied with all laws of this state in obtaining regular license plates for a motor vehicle, including a motorcycle, may have the license plates replaced by special personalized license plates which shall conform in size and color combinations as may be provided by the secretary. No personalized license plate for a motor vehicle other than a motorcycle may contain more than seven letters nor less than two letters. No personalized license plate for a motorcycle may contain more than six letters nor less than two letters. There may be no duplication of the personalized license plates issued by the secretary. The secretary may refuse to issue any letter combination which carries connotations offensive to good taste and decency.
    http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/DisplayS...atute=32-5-89.2

Or on any other personalized plate statutes (refunds, transfers, etc)
    http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/DisplayS...mp;Statute=32-5

4. mcsj

mcsj Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBBFeg6BGes

If you are still daydreaming... WAKE UP! This is not "the" America we used to know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 5 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]436075[/snapback]</div>

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    In the news:

6. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

It was the uproar raised on PriusChat! :lol:

7. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    YEAH!!!!! :D

Wheres one of those peanut butter jelly time banana GIFs when you need one? :D

I nice happy ending.

8. MegansPrius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ May 7 2007, 10:38 PM) [snapback]437301[/snapback]</div>
    Woo-hoo! :D

9. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    Hey, you beat me to the "announcement"! Heather called me last night and said the plates were not going to be taken, end of story,no additional reasons and whatnot.

Cool, now the race is on to get them in PA form when we move in June ...sold the house...just need to find one in Harrisburg. Wish us luck, this moving thing is not easy.

Oh, and BTW, Heather thanks all who posted here and commented (yes even those with differing opinions). It's free speech, baby. Use it or lose it.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism- Howard Zinn

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ May 8 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]437406[/snapback]</div>
    Right on!
    (for those who have not read it, I highly recommend "A People's History of the United States")

11. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(finman @ May 8 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]437406[/snapback]</div>
    With all the publicity and controversy surrounding this issue, it will be interesting to see if Pennsylvania (and other states) haven't already placed the license plate combination of 'MPEACHW' as unavailable well in advance of Heather's arrival.

BTW, this link may work better to find the complete, recent article:

MPEACH plate won't be recalled by DMV

One also wonders what the future holds for the person responsible for this embarrassing fiasco, South Dakota DMV director Deb Hillmer (undoubtedly a Republican political appointee). A high-ranking position within the Bush administration, perhaps?

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ May 5 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]436041[/snapback]</div>
    You have to be nuts to think its only because the tags are on a prius.... :blink: :rolleyes:

they would have done it no matter what kind of vehicle they are on, remember the support death plates thread that "Danny" posted? :mellow:

If they wanted to use the woman as a specticle hang her from a light-pole in downtown as an example to others... ;)

you've got 8 months left under the present admin. :rolleyes:

I'd like to have one that reads, FCK-OFF . But I couldnt get one... :angry:

13. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ May 8 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]437526[/snapback]</div>
    ???
    As of right now, we have 622 DAYS 11 Hrs 54 Min 09.3 Sec

http://backwardsbush.com/

The Thom Hartmann show just came on- he always begins with the countdown.

14. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 5 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]436075[/snapback]</div>
    Are you kidding?

try putting JESUS LY or something like that on a plate and then get back to me on freedom of speech. The ACLU would not be on my side here.

You can't even get "Choose Life" plates in some states.

15. chrisg67

chrisg67 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(theforce @ May 5 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]436041[/snapback]</div>

Hey, I love tits and I feel strongly about them (no offense ladies). but I wouldn't be allowed to put that on a license plate.

..... or would I?

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chrisg67 @ May 14 2007, 02:31 PM) [snapback]441795[/snapback]</div>
    This is a guy that I've met at a few signal processing conferences. I wonder if he would be able to get a license plate with his name on it?

17. chrisg67

chrisg67 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ May 14 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]441807[/snapback]</div>

what a GREAT name !!!!!

18. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chrisg67 @ May 14 2007, 05:10 PM) [snapback]441922[/snapback]</div>
    Speaking of great names, this Chevy dealer (in the home town of the famous groundhog) has a great motto on their website, made even better by the Jesus symbols around it!

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I guess upon review the state figured they couldn't defend their position, and with only a few months left of both Heather's residency and Bush's term why spend the money on a lost cause.

mpeachw doesn't really make sense for Pennsylvania. They'll be so little of Bush's term left by the time Heather makes the move. What else could she go for?