1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stealth install aftermarket radio

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tommygun116, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Tommygun116

Tommygun116 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Just got my first prius 3 weeks ago used 2009 and i am loving everything except the radio, So i decided to go with a KDR730BT. I have also decided to stealth install. After seeing the step by step on the site i can say i feel confident i can accomplish this. I have two questions though. the radio i am getting has a mic jack for hands free, so does a 2009 prius option 1 have existing prewires? If not anyone have any suggestions for wiring the mic? I appreciate the help everyone "thank you".

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    My stereo had the mic jack in the rear of the unit. I ran the mic wire from behind the unit, through the dash behind/under the steering wheel then up the A-pillar. I then tucked the wire into the headliner next to the windshield and clipped the mic such that it was right in front of me. The mic was small enough that it didn't interfere with my view or the sun visor. I used a thin Teflon blade to tuck the wire into the A-pillar and headliner. A flat screwdriver could do the same if you are careful.

3. Tommygun116

Tommygun116 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Thanks for the heads up i think i am ready to give this all a try.

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you run into any trouble. Are you going to do it this weekend?

5. Tommygun116

Tommygun116 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    No i had to wait till my radio came in so it shows as that it will come in tomorrow. then i am going to run over the custom audio store to pick me up the BHA-1761 and BHO-1761 so looks like i will be going for it this coming weekend.