1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stealth mode max speed?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by rumpledoll, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Being an old time Prius owner, but a new C, would you kindly explain how you got these numbers? Traffic, speed, techniques etc. TY, Andy.

2. steveoknievo

steveoknievo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    That particular one was rather late driving (10ish). Not a lot of traffic. Off a red light I accelerate to where the green ribbon lights up to right underneath the "G" in "MPG" on that screen, if that makes sense. After I got up to speed (I think it was 40ish MPH or so) I let my throttle down (after Basic practice
    I've gotten a good feel for where the pedal needs to be to maintain a certain speed) held it there, then put on cruise control (this part is sort of cheating because I've noticed that using CC keeps the same cruising score you had before engaging it--if you don't go this route then the way to keep cruise score high is to minimize feathering of the throttle, I don't think ECOscore likes pulse and glide) and for braking a just glide down to a speed slow enough to apply a consistent brake pedal pressure to slow the car subtly, and to finally stop the car. Braking is the hardest for me but if you keep the pedal pressed about the same throughout the duration of your stop you will make ECOscore happy (learned the braking portion from this forum among tons of other things, the start and cruising I've just played around with). Let me know if you don't understand something, I'm using my iphone so it's not the easiest to type/proof read along with the autocorrect it's famous for.

3. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

4. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks Steve, I will work on this portion for the present. Will get back to you, later. I understand your problems. I do everything on my iPad or 7" Anderoid, they are now my landline, mobile etc.

5. latinakubb

latinakubb New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    What is an ICE??

6. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Internal Combustion Engine

ztanos likes this.
  7. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Internal Combustion Engine

(Beat me by a few seconds. Sure wish we had a DELETE option here.)

minkus likes this.