1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering locked up today - barely made it home. HELP!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SusanBuchert, May 21, 2017.

1. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    As I said in post #9, you will not be able to get the steering system codes from the display. You can get into a few systems like audio. LAN is the local area network, part of the communication system in the car.

Once again, you need a Prius-compatible OBD-II scanner and someone able to diagnose the problem. Otherwise we're all just guessing.

Don't try to erase codes now. The problem will be stored in history and can still be diagnosed.

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Based on this description, I'm doubtful that it is 'just' power steering. On my Gen3, with power off, it seems noticeably easier to turn than the household's other power steering cars when off, and not appreciably different from what I remember from the manual steering days. Though memory may be a bit faded, the last time I drove a manual steering car was 1979 ...