1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Recall, here we go

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by FJRCRAZED, Jun 6, 2006.

1. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 8 2006, 05:59 AM) [snapback]267802[/snapback]</div>
    I would not have bought a Toyota (or any other given make of car) if the only available dealerships worked that way. I'll give a dealer a half-hour leeway to begin working on my car after my appointment time if I get it there 5 or 10 minutes ahead, and I'll give a half-hour beyond the promised finish time for unexpected delays. Anything else is unacceptable, and if it takes longer more than once or twice I'll raise a stink.

There is no reason for them not to perform your work within a reasonable amount of time. And you shouldn't have to make an appointment a month in advance.

BTW, in the old days, when I went to an independent mechanic, I got much worse service than I've ever gotten from a dealership. I've never had a dealer take longer than the above-mentioned time frame, and it's common to get a call that my car is ready ahead of time.

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 8 2006, 09:23 AM) [snapback]267882[/snapback]</div>
    Well then you're right, that does stink!

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 7 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]267567[/snapback]</div>
    OK ok I have to do it, I agree with daniels statement.. ;)

4. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 7 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]267567[/snapback]</div>
    Your statement, "Toyota finds a problem and does a recall without being ordered by the government, and before a single accident has been caused by the defect", could not be more wrong. For three years the Toyota Tundra had major problems with under sized brakes and pulsating brake syndrome, wrappage. They never had a True recall, they had a silent recall, I know because I owned one. They built the brakes undersized. Their were dozens of documented brake failures and about 25 lawsuits that I know of. Their was a loop hole they found so they would not have to repair 300,000 plus trucks. Now, if you knew about the problem and complained enough to the service manager they would replace your brake system. Get your history right on Toyota before making a statement like that.

5. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 7 2006, 05:44 PM) [snapback]267551[/snapback]</div>
    The Toyota here will give me a ride to work and pick me up so no missed work. :p darn I wonder if a sick car falls under the sick leave policy. :)

6. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    1. You have a problem with your local dealers and your schedule. This has nothing to do with the recall, does it? Matching your schedule is not the responsibility of Toyota. If your dealer is unwilling to match your schedule, take it up with the dealership owners.

Since you had scheduling trouble with your Tundra earlier, you already were aware of your dealer's hours. If it was a serious problem, you should have avoided Toyota products.

2. If you expect anyone on PriusChat to be able to change your situation, I have a bridge you may wish to purchase.

You may now resume your ranting; I won't bother with this thread any more.

7. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 8 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]268127[/snapback]</div>
    If you dislike Toytoa that much WHY did you buy another???
    You never answered the question about actually receiving recall notice.
    Did you or not? if not why all the fuss.

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    how odd. Jayman said the Tundra's brakes were better than his Sierra!

9. FJRCRAZED

FJRCRAZED New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasalsa @ Jun 8 2006, 10:01 PM) [snapback]268392[/snapback]</div>

Did you read my 1st post??? Got it 6-6-06, and because in 2004 & 5 they went with larger brakes. I NEVER said I dislike Toyota. But listening to some of the people around here you would think their god. I was just pointing out that they have had screw ups and recalls just like all the other auto makers.

10. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 9 2006, 04:37 AM) [snapback]268511[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. There's only one god: the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage. RAmen.

11. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  12. Porridge

Porridge New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FJRCRAZED @ Jun 9 2006, 07:37 AM) [snapback]268511[/snapback]</div>
    Agreed. You cannot say anything bad about the Prius or Toyota on this forum without being beaten up.

I agree Toyota service departments are a hit/miss affair. I had an Acura RSX before this and the difference in service is incredible. Go visit Magic Toyota in Edmonds, WA. The waiting room can only be described as a hole in the ground with a noisy air conditioner that doesn't seem to do anything, no better than Lake City Way Toyota, WA. I drank a lot of hot chocolate during the 2 hours I spent there in the hole (no windows) for an oil change. On the plus side, they paid for the oil change out of embarassement. Going to try Bob Ridge Toyota in Everett for the next service.

2005 Customer Service According to J. D. Powers
    Behind Lincolns 912 point score, this years winners include Buick at 909, Infiniti at 908, Cadillac with 904, Lexus at 902, Saturn at 901, and Hondas Acura division at 900.

Where is Toyota? Industry pundits agree that whilst the perception of Toyota quality is superior to that of the big three, the big three have caught up but failed to market their improved quality.