1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering recall in UK

Discussion in 'International Owners' started by Oxo, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(justkroozin @ May 30 2006, 06:44 AM) [snapback]262663[/snapback]</div>
    I thought sreering recall letters were being sent out by dealers from the beginning of June but I have not heard of anyone in the UK getting one yet.
    Has any UK or Irish owner had a recall?

2. Solar Hydro

Solar Hydro New Member

I'm in Belgium and received the steering column recall letter today (7 July 2006).

Solar Hydro

3. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yep, I just got one about a week ago. Gotta schedule an appointment with the dealer.

4. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, &amp; Drapanos, Crete, G
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Jul 8 2006, 11:13 PM) [snapback]283072[/snapback]</div>

I got my letter (Germany) about 2 weeks ago. Went into the local dealer for a quick inspection so they could then order the bits (took 15 minutes) and had the work done today (90 minutes including getting a replacement centre arm console as the material was coming loose).

5. pinball

pinball New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My letter came through last week.
    When I rang my local Toyota they said they'd only just got a notification about it too.
    My appointment is Mon 25th Sept. They said this was the inspection job to determine what needs to be done so they can order the parts - also to ensure if EVie is safe to drive or not.
    Steering seems absolutely fine.
    Here's hoping ..........
    Pinball

6. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oxo @ Jul 4 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]281059[/snapback]</div>

Got mine today.

It didn't come from the local dealer but from Toyota's national office in the UK (maybe it's regional if there's more than one).

Not a 'steering recall' but "a modification...under an Official Safety Recall Programme".
    Not a 'replacement' but "we would like to perform a revision to your vehicle".

I've heard of revised books, revised programmes, etc, but never a revised vehicle!

Next time I get a builder or a decorator to do some work in my house I'll say I'd like "a revised house".