1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel Audio Controls Intermittent/Dead?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tah, Jun 3, 2012.

1. tah

tah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    07 Prius, 6 speaker NON-JBL.....

This happened a couple of weeks ago and then again tonight. ALL the buttons on my steering wheel work, AC, Temperature, Defrost, Recirculate.....etc.....except Audio. ( Dash audio functions work fine! )

I was driving along and they WERE working and then they didn't work. The last time, restarting the car and the functions came back to life.

Tonight I tried restarting the car a couple of times and no luck. Is there some kind of official "reboot" process for the computers, or another procedure I should try?

I searched for someone with the same problem in this forum but no luck.

Thanks for any help you can offer..........

2. sockmonkey

sockmonkey Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can I just say I have had the opposite with my car... my radio refuses to work sometimes I.e volume or changing from disc to radio.... the only thing that will change it are the buttons on the steering wheel. Sometimes I will be driving and all of the sudden the Volume will start going up on it's own and max out.... in which I have to turn it down with the steering wheel volume button. Sorry you are having problems... my car is no longer under warranty, but perhaps you can take it into the shop?

3. tah

tah Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well mine came back to life the next day.

It seems to only happen when I enter too many commands from the steering wheel in a short time.

Both times this has happened I was adjusting the AC temperature and then immediately trying to adjust the radio volume. Maybe I'm "overloading" the interface module with commands. Probably isn't buffered?

4. delrey

delrey Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 2004 (170+ miles) has this problem. The controls that don't always work are the climate (recirc/defrost/temp) and info buttons. They were flakey for a bit but now mostly don't work. :-(