1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel Controls after new head unit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by zdaughtry1, Mar 1, 2022.

1. zdaughtry1

zdaughtry1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok guys I’m sorta at a loss here and need some help. I just installed an Atoto S8 Premium 10.1” into my 2013 gen3. When I first wired it up everything worked perfect. I ran SW1 and SW2 wires from the 28 pin to my steering wheel control wires and grounded the SWC wire. Since everything worked I unplugged it and went to make final adjustments to the fitment of the head unit itself and when I reinstalled now only my track up button works nothing else on the steering wheel works INCLUDING AC controls and disp/trip. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I didn’t think the right side steering controls were anywhere on the 28 pin connector but I could be wrong. I was thinking a fuse possibly but then how would my track up button be working if there’s a blown fuse? Any help is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. NinjaWa

NinjaWa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    sorry I'm not much of a help but do you happened to know how to run the backup cam to the atoto? we pretty much have the same HU and car, I'm at a loss on how to hook up the backup cam. I had an aftermarket backup cam and bought the adapter so I can hook it up to the factory HU.

3. NinjaWa

NinjaWa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    btw, how did you mount your HU up? I bought a metra kit and can't seem to mount it in. seems like the holes on the metra don't match the HU.

4. Bob Brandon

Bob Brandon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Might want to check out the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2. I just got the RR2 for a Kenwood DMX957XR, and it works fine with my SWC. I had Best Buy install it, so I'm not sure how it all hooked up.

5. tannerpace

tannerpace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    sounds like you may have blown a fuse check under dash and hood area fuses, maybe faster to lookup what circute those control buttons are

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

6. Michael Naglee

Michael Naglee Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you ever have any luck on this? I installed exactly the same head unit last night. It took forever to find the right wiring diagram to identify the SWC wires. I hooked them up and the head unit will recognize that I pushed a button, but it can't seem to differentiate *which* button I pushed. The right side controls for climate don't work either. I imagine a resistor might be needed, but I can't find anyone referencing that except in Gen 2 prius forums.

For those who might stumble on this in the future:
    I'm driving a 2013 Prius with nav unit, non-JBL. I found the SWC wires on the 28-pin connector in pins 21, 22, and 23. They're red, green, and pink. I've attached the wiring diagram I found.

Attached Files: