1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel Controls : Android Headunit

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by HaiImBrian, Jul 10, 2017.

1. HaiImBrian

HaiImBrian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just installed my android headunit and it is working great. Love the unit and it's features. Everything was pretty much Plug and play but the last thing I need to set up is the steering wheel controls.

Is there any information on which wire from the harness is connected to the steering wheel controls? I just need to tap into this cable and it should work.

2. kc5dlo

kc5dlo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Sorry I don't read this forum often so I am probably late to the party on this one. If your unit is like mine, just go to settings in the menu. There should be something labeled "steering wheel" or similar in the list. it will bring up a list of commands to choose from. I think you simply pick a command and touch it and it will blink or something while you press the steering wheel button you want to assign for the task. It should indicate that it assigned that task. Don't forget to save the settings before you back out or you will have to do it again.
    Hope it works or you already got it working.

3. cgmpc

cgmpc New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did your radio include a CANBUS interface? I had pretty much the same results as you until I worked with the person who sold me the headunit and got a CANBUS interface. Then, everything started working perfectly.

4. Leonid Makhnovskiy

Leonid Makhnovskiy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Can you please explain how you connected the steering wheel buttons to Pyle PLDNANDVR695? Did you connect SW1, SW2, and SWG from the R10 directly to the Pyle? I am currently using PAC RP4.2-TY11 and can't get buttons to work. Also, did you have to program the buttons? If so how did you do it? Manual says: To enter the steering wheel menu it will prompt you for a 4 digit pass code you will need to enter '0000'. But If I go into settings-->car settings->Steering, I get no prompt for the pin. Just see all the buttons, but no way to program.