1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering wheel controls stopped working: iPhone

Discussion in 'Prius c Audio and Electronics' started by Fahfoofnik, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Owner of a brand new '13 Prius C Two. No "Entune" system, just the basic radio. I connect my iPhone 5 via Bluetooth; it works wonderfully. I can still use the handset controls to make phone calls; I have speed dials set up, and using my iPhone 5 as a phone in the car works great.

What stopped working this morning: skipping tracks using either the "Seek" button on the Prius radio itself as well as the controls on the steering wheel. Volume controls on the radio itself AND on the steering wheel work just fine for adjusting the volume.

The "Pause/Play" button on the Prius radio does work, but only after about :04 seconds or so. A song or podcast will play; the steering wheel controls for skipping tracks does not work; same with the Seek button on the radio itself; and pressing the pause/play button works, but not immediately after depressing it. Takes a few seconds.The only way to skip ahead/backward is on the iPhone itself.

For the almost 2 months I've owned the Prius C, this is the first time this has happened. Connecting audio via Bluetooth has "just worked" every single day. What's perplexing about this is that I've changed nothing on the iPhone overnight. The Seek button on the Prius radio worked fine yesterday, as did the steering wheel controls not even 24 hours ago.

The Seek button on the radio itself does work with the radio and a CD. Same with the steering wheel controls; as long as I'm not trying to control the iPhone, it works fine.

I've already turned Bluetooth on the iPhone on/off; turned the iPhone itself off/on again; disconnected the iPhone from the radio & re-added it to the Prius; same issue.

Anything else I can try that I'm missing? Thank you for any advice.

2. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    are the buttons working while in a different mode?

does anybody know if there is a way to "reset" the radio?

3. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Yep they are. Works if I plug an old school iPod into the USB connector, or while listening to the radio. Seek on the radio works & steering wheel controls work in either of those two modes as well.

4. Fahfoofnik

Fahfoofnik Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    **SOLVED**

I just did a Restore on my iPhone; immediately upon connecting the iPhone to my Prius after the Restore (and from a saved backup), the steering wheel controls + radio Seek buttons started working again.

Must have been a ghost in the machine. Thanks all.