1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering wheel mounted Bluetooth controls

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Wiserone, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am contemplating getting a kenwood system with GPS to put in my Prius III (I should have gotten a II) and I am wondering if anyone knows if I can get the steering wheel mounted bluetooth controls to still work.

I know I can get the steering wheel STEREO controls to work.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just installed the stock bluetooth control buttons on my 2006 steering wheel. I will be programming SWI-JACK this weekend. I'll let you know how it work out.

3. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was going to PM you, but I figured I would get a quicker response from everyone here.

Your work looks great. Please don't forget to update your thread.

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It works! I can program the speak, phone pick up and hang up buttons. Be sure you have SWI-JACK firmware version 1.6.20b or higher.

I have that version and I remember seeing that version started to support Kenwood bluetooth phone pickup button.

5. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow. Sweet!

Does it automatically work when you hit the button, or do you have to be in a certain menu on the screen first.

6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    When the phone ring, it takes like 2 seconds for the head unit to display the phone screen. Once I on that screen, I canhit the button to pick up the call. I have not tried pressing before it takes me to phone screen.

The entire process is not as fast/responsive as I would like to be but it works.