1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

steering wheel slightly off center

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by artie, Dec 6, 2006.

1. artie

artie Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My '04 was off center about the same, it took 3 (!) alignments, and now it's just about dead center. not quite, but close enough.

2. kente777

kente777 New Member

Don't know if this is a problem, but I noticed this morning that the steering wheel is off center to the right by about 3 or 4 degrees. Not sure if this is different from when I first got the car back in January, but I did notice it this morning so I'm thinkin' this is a new "issue."

The car doesn't seem to pull to the right, and if it does, it's so subtle that I can't tell.

Does anyone think this is a problem? Anyone else experience the same thing?

Thanks for the feedback

Ken

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the car is within the 12mo/12k mile "adjustment period" schedule an alignment with your dealer at your next service...it should be covered...tell them about the steering wheel being off center as the 'reason' for the warranty work. They shouldn't give you any problem with that. It's not uncommon for there to be some 'toe in' issues due to the shipping process on these new vehicles. It could even help your fuel economy and reduce tire wear to have this done.

4. kente777

kente777 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Dec 6 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]358427[/snapback]</div>
    I'm going in for my 20,000 this Saturday, so I'm assuming this wouldn't be covered?

Ken

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kente777 @ Dec 6 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]358429[/snapback]</div>
    Probably not...you can ask, but they'll probably have to charge you. If that's the case you might want to find one of the alignment places that offers lifetime alignments when you pay for the first one since you'll want another one after you have your tires replaced.