1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Steering Wheel wiring assemblies

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by dkolars, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    When you take the steering pad off the airbag etc and set it aside you can see the wiring for the buttons in the steering wheel they unplug You can literally carry the buttons around with you they just pull off of these tabs that they're squeezed on if you will You can test them with a multimeter to see if you have continuity push the button down to see if that changes when the buttons being pushed down so on and so forth generally if the button still makes the detent up down so on and so forth they usually work but since you're sitting right there staring at them with them all exposed and readyly unplugged while you're changing the clock spring you can play with them You can also hook up your clock spring hook up all the buttons before you put all this stuff back together you can check it maybe plugs are loose so on and so forth these wires don't really go very far like the radio is right there so for a mouse to eat that up they got to be high up in your dash living looking and something and I just find that well interesting to say the least I live in the woods but I keep all my rodents and animals fed so they're not looking to eat plastic wiring or my motorcycle tires they're laid up somewhere like well fat rats living good.

2. Randycoureton

Randycoureton Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I’ve replace several of these clock springs. Probably do it with my eyes closed. Did two this week. I e had good luck with aftermarket ones in the past. I always have at least one prius I’m driving. All the steering controls worked on my personal prius. So I took the steering wheel and everything else I thought might be an issue. No buttons on the left worked on the prius I was working on. I then took them out and put back on my prius. Everything worked as it should. I changed the signal and windshield wiper switch. It was a300,000 mile prius. Everything else worked great. Just no controls. I checked all fuses. And related harnesses.

iPhone ?