1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stellar fuel economy this spring

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by sclevine, Jun 9, 2018.

1. sclevine

sclevine Active Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    I've had my car for almost a year and a half, so this spring is my second one with the Pruis, and my mileage has been awesome recently! I'm sure it is partially due to the car just breaking in over time, partially due to improved 'prius driving', and partially due to the types of trips I'm taking.

You can see my prior 3 months in the photo, with 68.7 MPG on the computer over 2170 miles in May - easily my best month in the car, and compares to low to mid 50's this past winter.

Going back to late April, my last 5 tanks have all been over 600 miles! 613, 641, 652.2, 642.9 and 607. In my prior 85 tanks, I only had 2 that were 600+.

It helped also that I didn't take any long road trips during that time, which definitely hurts my average, as I've done many long drives to Florida and Indiana since I've had the car, but not recently.

When home, such as the last 6 weeks, I do a lot of 30-40 mile round trips between Bronx and Manhattan in New York City and this car is PERFECT for that kind of driving, as long as I can avoid times where there are super bad traffic jams.

Attached Files:

MDNHW11 and RCO like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!(y)