1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo Head Unit Problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by PhazonPhobe, Jan 8, 2016.

1. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I've got a 2004 Package #9. Having a problem with my audio system. I think I've narrowed it down to the stereo head unit itself.

Radio is completely unresponsive, steering wheel buttons do nothing, and MFD shows "Audio Off." The buttons and reverse noise still beep, so I'm pretty sure the amp still works.

The problem I'm potentially running into is replacing the stereo itself. My unit is model 86120-47100. I have seen a couple other units that are also JBL, but they are 86120-47090. I'm thinking this is the difference of nav or no nav, but I thought that would go through the MFD and DVD unit under the driver seat?

I suppose what I'm getting at is, will 47090 work? Can I find a newer unit from the 06 - 09s?

I've tried searching a bunch and have found very little on here or other forums. =\

2. PhazonPhobe

PhazonPhobe His name is Sora

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welp, suppose I should post an update.

Ended up finding another head unit on CraigsList. $80 for factory JBL w/ Cassette.

Threw it in and everything works now. So I suppose my radio just crapped out.

Kind of a shame when I've got a beat down '99 Camry with a 100% working factory stereo =\

#2 PhazonPhobe, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    bisco likes this.