1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo install in Raleigh NC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bitterbuffaloh, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Bitterbuffaloh

Bitterbuffaloh Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Looking for someone to install a double din stereo with working steering wheel buttons in my gen 2 prius. I am near Raleigh NC. Anyone have reccomendstions? There's lots of talented people in the area..

2. Bitterbuffaloh

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    And to explain what I'd like to do; I'd like to put a double DIN unit with Android Auto, voice control, and have full steering wheel controls. Looks like there will be some custom wiring need to be done. I'm usually a DIY person, but I don't have patience to read wiring diagrams.

3. saltdiscus

saltdiscus Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just put on my 2014 and its so easy just plug and play.I also was worried about cutting wire but if you open the stereo and just count the pin and plug it .

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If it doesn't have jbl you can buy an adapter harness which makes it real easy to upgrade the head unit. you still got to solder a handful of wires, but you can do most of that in the house and then just plug it in the car. dash comes apart easy too. crutchfield.com is a great source for what you'd need to do it.

5. Bitterbuffaloh

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the note! Is there any guide with photos on what I need to do wiring wise and soddering?

6. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    If you buy from crutchfield they will include instructions with your purchase. and they usually throw in the harness if you buy a headunit from them. and there are several threads on this site and youtube.