1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stereo System Complete!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by JordanC, Jun 16, 2014.

1. JordanC

JordanC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here is an update on the install of my stereo system in my 2013 Prius. I set out to install an audiophile grade stereo system using the stock head unit and needless to say I am very impressed with the results. Here is a list of components I installed, parts utilized and a few pics of the install. For my front components I installed a pair of Kicker SS 56.2 6" components in the door and dash, (which at the time of manufacture were comparable to the carbon fiber Focal's). I used speaker adapters from Metra to install the 6" speaker in the door and custom built speaker adapters from 1/4" Pine (Painted Black) for the tweeters in the dash. Kicker X series 16 gauge speaker wire was used from amp to crossover and from crossover t0 the door and to the tweeters in the dash. Dynamat Extreme was used to help seal off the door for improved bass response and to deaden any vibration caused by the upgraded speaker in the door. Cross Overs were mounted inside the car under the dash while I had everything apart. Stock rear door speakers remain connected to the stock head unit. To get the best quality sound from the stock Navi Head Unit I installed the Audio Control LC2I with the ACR-1 Bass Control Knob to give me flexibility over my subwoofer volume. Top of the line Tsunami 4Ch RCA's were used to connect the A/C LOC to my Amp. For Amplifier I installed an Alpine PDXV-9 with Kicker Z-Series 4 Gauge power wire from Battery to Amp. I am using 3 channels of the Alpine amp powering the front component speakers and the Subwoofer. For the subwoofer I went with the JL Audio MicroSub 10W3's with 2 8" subs. The install took me about a day as the car is very easy to take apart and work on. As for the sound quality it is absolutely perfect! The soundstage created by the Kicker components is absolutely amazing, When you close your eyes and listen you have a hard time hearing where the sound is coming from and the low end provided by the Dual 8's is impressive!! The Audio Control LC2i does a great job giving me the flexibility to match output/input levels between the stock head unit and Alpine PDXV-9 and the bass control knob is a must as it allows me to match the sub output for any style of music or when my kids are with me. I am able to run the amp at minimal gain levels with no distortion or feedback present. It is simple, clean and effective. Here are a few pics.
    Prius1.jpeg Prius2.jpeg Prius3.jpeg Prius7.jpeg Prius6.jpeg Prius4.jpeg Prius5.jpeg

Grren4ever, SAronian and maurices like this.
  2. Grren4ever

Grren4ever Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Nice to see your system and detailed review. Keep up the good work :)