1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Still loving "some" people... Chapter Two!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by OceanEyes, Dec 24, 2012.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You could save even more time and use this as your dating site. At least you know you'll have one important thing in common. :)

OceanEyes likes this.
  2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I shouldn't talk it will get me in trouble but most dating sites and many participants will build a 4 or 5 person rotation and just enjoy the date night the people they meet and the s-x. It's like video games or a visit to the shopping mall you get addicted to it. After awhile you figure out that something on the line of a relationship may be better unless you pick a loser. Then pass go and start over.

Sometimes you just meet that special person at the last place you thought for example Whole Foods ordering a coffee and bam instant chemistry.

OceanEyes likes this.
  3. Scargod

Scargod Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I think that is a very negative, slanted viewpoint. This is/was your MO? Are you speaking from experience?

I used dating sites 10-12 years ago and you get out of it what you put into it. If you accept, at face value, what people say then you deserve what you get. If, as you suggest, people are just looking for an easy score, and lie and cheat to get that, then it is a sorry commentary of how these sites have evolved. I suggest that a small percentage are gaming the system. I think the dating sites have their place and if you have your wits about you and know what you want then they are better than happenstance, luck in the grocery store or the one-night stand from the local bar.
    Not long ago I was dining by myself and a woman was waiting for her date to show up. It was a dating site arrangement and he never showed. I talked to her, shared a drink with her and suggested she not give up. She was a nice person and really did not deserve what had happened.

OceanEyes likes this.
  4. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Speaking from experience. When I was single lived near the beach in my own place, drove a Porsche Boxter, had a university degree and a High paying job. Kept a 5 gal rotation and a house keeper to clean up the mess the next morning. Heck most of the gals were just in it for the conversation at Dinner on discussing the perfect love and the uninhibited s-x in the king sized bed afterwards playing music on the state of the art stereo. Meet my wife on a business trip in the airport and not a Dating site. Like I said where you least expect the right person will appear.

Look we all have our pasts. Heck I see old gals I know and if only there husbands knew how wild they were. But that is life we mature an settle down and start families.

B2FiNiTY and OceanEyes like this.
  5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Or as usual you're playing an online anagramming game, there's this player who seems to answer some good ones (when people ask for help in the general chat) and you're curious about their alias so you send a private message ...

6. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Never thought of that as this is the place where I have my education in Prius logic (still a learning newbie with a sense of humor) and my laughs (to those who don't get it, see the Whoopee thread and my love of power tools which if I remember right, MadDog called me out on! :eek:) LOL... and mix coffee and horsepower of the traditional kind and I might have another trifecta!

(Is it getting hot in here or is it another one of those damn "power surges?!" Might have to step into my Prius in the garage to see what the hot flash detector reacts to....)

There is a whole world out there waiting to drink the Prius Kool Aid! ;) They just don't know it, yet! It took me a few years to get with the program....:D Gentle hint - I like the green of my Seaglass Pearl, but am fascinated by the Black Cherry Pearl and the Blizzard Brigade... if I had only found PC before I found my Seaglass Pearl...:rolleyes: and that Black Cherry Pearl... oh my!

7. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Look you may find you perfect date on Match dot com but chances are she had been on quite a Few dates before you and may have ended up on a King size bed a Few times scratching someones back. Don't be naive. When a gal or guy says sure lets go to your place believe me she or he said that before. Just accept it and think about present and future.

Look there is. Reason why people take the morning after pill.

OceanEyes likes this.
  8. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I got cast into the ocean of life by a series of misfortunate events (Sounds like a series of books my sons loved). I look at it as enrolling in a 400 level honors course in the "School of Life" or "School of Hard Knocks" and feel like I am writing my thesis. I may not come out ace-ing the course but definitely look at it with humor and a new perspective on life. To waste the time saying "poor me" definitely = F. Not everyone can come through gallbladder surgery earlier in the day and be mucking stalls that night telling the drunken ex "Get out of my way, there is work to be done." Was back to work, full time, three days later with no ill effects. Just don't tell the surgeon - one of the last emergency knee surgeries I had ended up giving that stand in emergency surgeon a heart attack a week later. For real. :)

Some folks get tangled in the flotsam/jetsam and drown. I am looking for the next wave and asking, "Is that all you have?! Bring it on as you have no idea of what you might be dealing with."

Again, it is a matter of perspective.

Then again, the view from the driver's seat of my 2012 version 4 makes life look pretty damn good to me and every day I am grateful to be in that seat.

Life is what you make it. I refuse to let anyone drag me down again. Ever.

ftl likes this.
  9. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Been around the barn a few times and definitely old enough to know the lines although still young enough to be in line for the rollercoaster. ;)

And am probably I am old enough to be your mom! :D

No one knows where "my place" is. And that is definitely OK in my book.

10. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There are sometimes deep satisfaction that comes from struggle.

OceanEyes likes this.
  11. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Everyone has at least on cardinal virtue, and mine is honesty. Never mistake a single failure with a Final defeat.The looniest moment in ones life is to watch your marriage crumble and all you can do is blink. The world exists in our eyees and we can make it as big or small as we wish. Vitality shows not only in it's ability to persist but in it's ability to start over. -Fitzgerald

OceanEyes likes this.
  12. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I was not talking about you but people in general. I'm sure you are a stand up person because that is the position you come from. For the record we are close to the same age. :)

OceanEyes likes this.
  13. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That is very true. For the first time in my life I have never been happier. It takes a lot to get to that place.

JMD likes this.
  14. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :D It's an interesting class in the School of Hard Knocks. These honors level courses certainly make one think! ;)

15. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Another very true observation.

My world in 2012 went something like this: A year ago my mom went into the hospital, found out she had a very aggressive cancer, got sent to Yale New Haven, never to come out again. My youngest left for LA and my oldest had already gone out to Colorado. In February I got tired of being called bad names and dealing with the ex and said "I'm done. I am out of here." Family members had refused to visit me for years because of the way the ex behaved. One family member said, "What are you waiting for? Things are not getting better and do you want the next half of your life to be just as miserable?"

Started telling folks we were done - even "vacationed" with the ex-to-be in Aspen and he did not drink on the planes or pull any of the crap he usually did but it was too little, too late and I knew if I believed he would change I might also believe in unicorns, fairytales and that taxes would never go up.

I was hospitalized in March for severe depression as my life crumbled around me but came out with the tools to give life a kick back in the teeth (or other regions:eek: ).

Gave notice at my job and was set to move in July but did not have a job so I had to interview. A lot. Truck broke down on way home during one of those six hour trips... and I just tossed my hands up and said "What else have you got for me?!" That was after uttering some colorful language and bursting into tears before I called Triple A and my brother in law to see if he could come pick me up after work. The guys at the garage that fixed the truck could not have been nicer and the repair was shockingly simple - enough to get the diesel girl back on the road to get me home safely. The u-joints in my front drive shaft failed miserably so the unit was removed.

Graduated my last class in NYS (graduation had been one of the big events I did in my last job - like planning a wedding every year), signed the papers, roared to the ocean following the horse van and did not look back. People admired my outward strength and courage - inside I did not feel brave at all... felt alone and miserable but free.

Survived the hurricane and no power/water for a week.

Survived the loss of a new friend - that was a big shocker.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It took me a lot to get to this point and I am not letting anyone tear me apart again. If someone does not like that I own horses (or a Prius for that matter;) ), they can continue on their merry way. It "used" to bother me but not anymore. Life is not perfect and for the first time in my life I am actually enjoying mine. Some folks are not as lucky and I consider myself very, very blessed.

The best part was when I would go running on the beach with my iPod. Something drew a number of ladies to me at different times who made me stop, take off the headset and started chatting. I was told I knew how to enjoy the beach and looked radiant. Never saw any of them again but that began my mindshift.

As Natasha Bedingfield said in her song Unwritten: "The best is still unwritten.":D

ftl and JMD like this.
  16. dhanson865

dhanson865 Expert and Devil's advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Yeah but he's an odd one. If he wants to out himself he can do it in other ways. :p

FWIW I think about half of his stuff is worth watching but I'm not too eager to review his next season of material to see which half it is. I think the avg SNL episode is better and same goes for Daily Show (I'm not as keen on Colbert he's a little more miss than hit for me).

OceanEyes likes this.
  17. OceanEyes

OceanEyes Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Agreed... love SNL myself.

18. Scargod

Scargod Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did you maintain honesty during or obtain it after the "5 gal rotation" you brag about? I would think honesty in that situation would be impossible.

OceanEyes likes this.
  19. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Some girls on dating sites are similar to guys. They are not ready for a committed relationship. Can you honestly tell me every girl you went out with you wanted to put a ring on her finger and have children with? Perhaps the best marriages are the ones where before you got there you sewed your oats, had your flings, and dated for the sake of dating. I can tell you that many girls will be asked the question how is that guy you are dating and the response more often than not is he is not Mr. Right just Mr. Right Now.

There are also those that are looking for the committed relationship.