1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Still No Sightings in the Wild

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Prime Example, May 29, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2017 base model. (or 2016 with Upgrade Package)

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  2. HPrimeAdvanced

HPrimeAdvanced Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    ...and the Prime says to the Ioniq, "Volt you mind...."!! (to be continued).

Hey I got another hot Prime prospect at Sam Ash Music in Westminster; he's getting ready to buy a new car and was bowled over by my Advanced. No I didn't hurt him, and I said "Advanced, not advances!! I'm trying to keep ahead of you Master Punsters out there. I do consider myself a master debater, and a cunning linguist!! (Tom Leykis is the author of that pearl).

#202 HPrimeAdvanced, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    stevepea and pilotgrrl like this.
  3. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    HPrimeAdvanced likes this.
  4. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I did a long round trip from OKC to Grapevine, Las Colinas, and Denton areas yesterday and saw no Primes. Lots of 3rd Gens only.

5. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see lots of Gen 2s and Gen 3s in Plano, and I'm starting to see Gen 4s. You'd think at least a couple of Californians transplants working at the mothership would have Primes.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Mark57 likes this.
  6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, the GEN 2's and 3's are everywhere. The GEN 3 population exploded in OK/TX in 2013-14 when the gas prices here were in the $3.50's.

The GEN 4's make me do a double take as I'm watching for Primes. They are enough different to get my attention, but not different enough.

I though I'd see one yesterday just due to the amount of ground covered and increased vehicle count exposure. Third trip like this since September, and not one.

Still makes me feel good to be driving one of the few.

HPrimeAdvanced and pilotgrrl like this.
  7. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Saw one last week red. Yes I want one but Toyota turned me off. Taking out back middle seat and messing with the trunk room. Engineers could have easily used other spaces to put the batteries

Bat cave

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  8. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Priorities, priorities, priorities!! The car is so great, these "middle seat", "trunk bump" points absolutely don't matter. Like the commercial said, "Try it, you'll like it!!"
    It's like, "I found this wonderful girl; she's bright, fun, kind, intelligent, beautiful, and she loves me!! Yeah, but her mother's got bad breath!! So who cares, you're not marrying the mother-in-law!! The glass is almost full!!

pilotgrrl likes this.
  9. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes it's nice. I know that already. But I'm a person who travels with tools and other things to help folks out. Yes I have other cars too for that. The 2008 trunk space worked with the storage bin. If I had that room in the prime. Would have gotten on the list for one fully loaded

Bat cave

10. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    So why not just go for a regular fourth gen?

From the perspective of our 3rd gen, low-mileage Touring (Canadian model) I can come up with a lot of negative answers to that one, but yeah, why turn your back on the regular fourth gen?

11. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My Prime hauls several PC's, ALL my amps, guitars, CD boxes, mics, PA, speakers, etc. Everything that was loaded in my friend's Ford Explorer II !!
    No, I can't load my catamaran or my motorcycle in it, but I can carry my bicycle or a Christmas tree in it!! Oh, the backseat backs fold down as quickly as you can reach the releases. My biggest problem is that I have to put a protective blanket in the back when I load up plants, and dirty stuff!!
    The only excuses not to buy it: it's too much money for my budget, it has 4 doors, it's too quiet, my wife hates it, my friends hate it, my family owns 10,000 shares of Chevron, I need to spend more money for tax write-offs, it's too heavy, it's too light, it's too slow, it's too fast, I have 10 kids, I hate nice cars!! Come on kids, give me a break!!

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  12. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I like to have the seats up. That's what I consider trunk space. Quick access. Of course if I needed to I'd fold it down. My stuff out of sight out of mind and looks like an empty car

Bat cave

13. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It's a good point for security; I've learned the hard way, even with my privacy panel in place on my locked Honda Civic (with alarm, which crooks disabled!), the jerks found and removed my hidden power amp, speakers, tools, cell phone, etc. from my carport. Car was hit TWICE in one night for a total of 5 attempts at break in over a 5-year period ! Cops couldn't do anything! This model car is apparently one of the most stolen/vandalized vehicles; on the other hand, nobody (so far) has given my dark-window-tinted Prii a second look, even with junk on board. They are just not sexy cars (although maybe with the Prime and those expensive LED lights etc.!). A closed garage and/or empty car makes a huge difference!

14. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    But sometimes it's the girl with the bad breath.

The Prime's faults are because of choices Toyota made. If they are a hold up for a person, a car is too big a purchase to make uncomfortable compromises on.

15. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I love peppermint candy, so do most of my friends!!
    And that's why they make so many different cars, for all the different people with all their different opinions!! BTW, forgot to mention, my Prime has no PITA need to fuss with seatbelts every time you drop seatbacks, unlike my 2012 PIP, which was a PITA to drop the seatbacks. My biggest appreciation for this model is the great attention to detail and quality over my 2012 PIP. Sure, it ain't perfect, but it's a heck of a long way ahead of the car(s) in second place!!

CraigCSJ likes this.
  16. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Okay so which of you Californians was out in Joshua Tree this weekend and driving home around noontime? My wife says she saw one heading S (W) on Hwy 62 while we were going N. I missed it.

She says it was another "magnesium blue" one.

17. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Probably just a mirage.

Mark57, pilotgrrl and HPrimeAdvanced like this.
  18. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm sure Mrs. AnneLW can tell the difference between a Mitsubishi Mirage and a Prius Prime!!

19. AnneLW

AnneLW Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Anne's my wife, and we're an oppo-sex couple. Just that she almost never posts here.

20. HPrimeAdvanced

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Exactly as I suspected; nice to hear from "you"! I'm sure your Prime interest revolves around a Toyota and not a Mitsubishi!