1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock Head Unit Hissing Solution

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Jdmz, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Jdmz

Jdmz New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've been reading this forum for the last couple weeks trying to figure out how I can eliminate the hiss of the stock head unit when using an amplifier. I have the non-jbl, nav headunit on a 2014.

To reduce the hiss, I had to turn my amp gain very low and there is still some hiss. I almost gave up to buy a new headunit but that would mean spending a bunch of money.

After tinkering with almost everything you can think of, I finally found a workable solution! My setup is as follows:

Stock non jbl nav HU - - > Kicker Loc - - > Axxess RCA gain controller - - > aftermarket amplifier.

I turned the amp gain to about 10 o clock, set radio at level 20, and control the volume suing the RCA gain controller. With gain controller set to 0, there is zero hiss. When you turn up the gain, there is hiss with no music. With music playing, you can't hear the hiss.

I am happy with the setup now and hope this helps others!

bisco likes this.