1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock Market Crashes after Dem's Election Victory

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 10 2006, 06:50 AM) [snapback]346833[/snapback]</div>
    Yup. I admit Republicans love America. They LOVE to spend its taxpayer's money on defense contractors like a drunken sailor (quick quiz: Who left our country with a surplus, Clinton or Reagan? Who is leaving our country with a historically high debt, Clinton or Bush II?). They LOVE to see American soldiers killed in war (hey, that means we can send MORE in!). I admit, they love the flag - oh, yeah, nobody loves the old red, white, and blue more than Bill and Rush. But they certainly hate the country it stands for (hint: Our country is the Constitution, a piece of paper Bill and Rush can't stand, not some piece of cloth).

Yeah, Republicans "love" our country much the same way a drunken, abusive husband who cheats with that slut Halliburton "loves" his wife.

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 10 2006, 08:09 AM) [snapback]346908[/snapback]</div>
    :huh: Is that a yes? ;)

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 10 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]346908[/snapback]</div>
    Last I heard it was at $6.8 trillion and climbing fast.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 10 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]347087[/snapback]</div>
    Your way behind it's 8.5+ Trillion.

Wildkow

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 10 2006, 07:35 PM) [snapback]347234[/snapback]</div>

Woah, nearly two trillion in a couple of hours...at that rate, it's difficult to keep up!
    [laughing]

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Nov 10 2006, 05:01 PM) [snapback]347250[/snapback]</div>
    What did you expect? The Dem's are in power now! :p :rolleyes: ;)

7. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 10 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]347311[/snapback]</div>
    Not until January, Sweetie. Until then, the Republicans still will spend our tax money like drunken sailors.

8. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Nov 10 2006, 08:33 PM) [snapback]347326[/snapback]</div>
    He was joking. Kow's new joke is "The Dems are in power. The country's going to hell in a handbasket and it's all the Dem's fault now that they've been elected to majorities in Congress."

It's okay if you didn't catch the joke, though, since it sounds so much like his line when he's being serious.

Kow being serious: "The Dems are evil and everything is their fault."

Kow joking: "The Dems are evil and now that they're in power everything is their fault."

9. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tax-and-spend is a pay-as-you-go plan. Real conservatives know that tax-and-spend limits itself faster than does borrow-and-spend, and therefore is more fiscally responsible. This is precisely why the national debt fell during Clinton and rose during the failed Bush II administration.

It became a joke only when it exploded in your face.

10. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    The Kow posted this as a "joke," or so he claims. But it's interesting to see that in the wake of the Democratic victory, the stock market keeps going up and up. Apparently Wall Street is not disappointed by the Republican loss.

Wall Street wants to make money. For that, they want a strong economy. And whether conservative or liberal, they all know that a moron at the helm is not good for the economy. We may be seeing a split between the calm and greedy conservative faction that just wants to stuff its pockets, and the rabid lunatic conservative faction that wants to kill everyone it perceives as opposed to their narrow reading of biblical morality.

11. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 17 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]350887[/snapback]</div>
    Yep...the success of wars, like everything else, can be measured in the currency of the day.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Nov 17 2006, 10:33 AM) [snapback]350770[/snapback]</div>
    Borrowing, whether personally or nationally, is simply not sound policy. I've long felt myself to be a 'true' conservative in a financial sense, and have been eagerly awaiting the schism which now, perhaps, may be taking place.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(richard schumacher @ Nov 17 2006, 07:33 AM) [snapback]350770[/snapback]</div>
    Every additional post in this vein just goes to show how devoid of humor and angry the left can be.

Wildkow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Nov 17 2006, 09:51 AM) [snapback]350887[/snapback]</div>
    This guy is just plain angry at everything. I think a portion of it is cast inward from self-loathing. Get some help and all of you should watch more "AFV" :D

Wildkow

p.s. I imagine daniel angrily mutters "He probably deserves it." after each groin shot "AFV" shows. :p

13. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Nov 17 2006, 11:56 PM) [snapback]351342[/snapback]</div>
    I don't even know what "AFV" is. But the verb "watch" suggests it may be a television show. My only TV set has no TV input. I never watch TV. It's connected to a DVD player in front of the treadmill. Presently I'm watching the Geology lecture series from The Teaching Company with my morning exercise. Sometimes I watch a movie.

I take no pleasure in the pain of others. That's why (unlike you and some of the other neo-conservatives here) I oppose the dropping of bombs on people. I bet you cheered, though, as you sat glued to your tv set during the bombing phase of the war, and watched the rockets blowing innocent human beings to smithereens.

Senseless killing makes me angry. Stupidity upsets me. I watched Who Killed the Electric Car and the behavior of GE and the CARB made me angry. But for the most part I am a pretty laid-back kind of guy. I have too much money to stay angry for very long. Even you don't make me angry, Kow. I just pity you. Really I do. Your attempts at humorous insults are so pathetic. I think you must be feeling a lot of pain, and I hope you can find solace. It's not Democrats or Islamic terrorists you need to fear: You are your own worst enemy: You are creating your own pain, and only by taking a deep look inside your own psyche will you finally be able to resolve your problems and find emotional peace.