1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stock Prius in Autocross

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by HighBreed, Dec 15, 2007.

1. HighBreed

HighBreed Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I saw these pics and reminded me that one can have lots of fun autocrossing the Prius-- even a pure stock Prius. It will also tell the world that producing an adrenaline rush is not necessarily an exclusive domain of gas-only powered cars. Does anyone know if there's a specific hybrid class in the solo2 events?

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2545209&blogID=53225131

2. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    there was chatter about a hybrid class being developed back when i autocraossed my prius back in 04 and 05. the class i ran in was lightly modified older cars.. like bugs, and other low hp cars. i did well, they were very amused at my numbers. my track times kept getting better. i figured with pieces warming up, it would go slower in the long run.. but i guess me getting used to the track made up for that.

3. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    If there were a specific class for hybrids, I'm pretty sure the Prius would be stomped on by Insights. 1000 pounds lighter, smaller, good handling.

I've driven my old 2005 Prius through a few solo2 courses when I was a driving instructor and wanted to demonstrate to students. Lots of body roll and slow off the line. I don't think the car would be much fun in stock form. FSP on the other hand.......

4. bc104

bc104 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not-so stock Prius

Not sure if this is the same car, but it's not-so stock. See here. Looks nice. Not quite along the lines of why the car was designed, but it is neat to see what one can do with a car.