1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stolen Hubcaps

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Stephane Bastien, Jul 30, 2009.

1. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try pulling off the wheel covers and see what you think of the appearance. If you decide to keep them off, store them in a closed bag so you can sell them later.

2. Tad Moody

Tad Moody New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I want to permanently remove the plastic hubcaps from my 2010 Prius II and replace them with spinners. Will removing them disrupt the aerodynamics of the car?

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Member Judgeless reported in a post in another thread that he saw his mileage drop 5-6 mpg when he pulled the hubcaps off.

4. Benggolf

Benggolf Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you serious? :D Maybe the first mod should be to swap out the OEM wheels/hubcaps to Honda Hydrid wheels and improve the mileage by another 5-6mpg! ;)

My friend Guinness has been searching for hybrid styled wheels for his new 2010 Prius on order. :cool:

5. Tad Moody

Tad Moody New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like a job for "Mythbusters"!

6. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  7. pviebey

pviebey New Member

It's sorta funny - a lot of people take those off 'cause they're so ugly (they're off mine, but on my wifes)...

I'd bet there's a good supply of 'em out there for not much ('cause they're cheap plastic...)

pat

8. John_Root

John_Root New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had one of my 2010 hubcaps stolen. I would like to buy a replacement. $80 at the dealer. $29 on Ebay. Does anyone have a 2010 hubcap to sell me? I live in Pasadena, California. [email protected]

9. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    having them stolen would be a blessing, not a curse

10. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Who cares about aerodynamics when your PIMP GAME :eek: could be disrupted? You gotta hook up sum twenty-fos to make 'em hate!

11. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The make very good paper plate holders. I use them when I'm entertaining guests.

12. drlyons09

drlyons09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I was laughing out loud! Last week all four of mine got stolen off the car (I have had it 6 weeks) at the place where I park at the at-risk middle school that I teach at. I knew when some of the gang 8th grade girls saw me getting me in the car, it wouldn't be long before something happened to the car. The wraps are hysterical. Yes, who would think, but I think that even though I like the look of the hubcaps, the guys are right. Now how do I get the center caps, guys, cause at Toyota parts the guy couldn't quite comprehend what I was talking about! Go figure! They had one for like 16.95, but had to be back ordered. I bet whoever took them was in shock to see that the wheels still had covers. I did know that I wanted wheel locks cause that would be so tempting. Unfortunately I have students that are really quite nasty, and I teach in a neighborhood that is really rough. Been there 12 years, they did throw a rock at the Ford Aerostar '93 windshield and crack it, and gave me a few flat tires. But, I couldn't continue to drive my clunker with transmission oil in the radiator. Oh, by the way for anyone that reads this, I get four retired greyhounds in the back with the seats down! The boy loves looking out the back when in he is there!