1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Stop Light Switch 2" Engages on bumps, cancels cruise control

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by nbwoods, Mar 13, 2022.

1. nbwoods

nbwoods New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've been working on getting cruise control working on a 2009. It engages properly, and will work indefinitely on very smooth roads. But at the slightest bump, it turns off. Hooked up techstream, and identified that the Cruise Control data input labeled "Stop Light Switch 2" seems to turn on very easily.

It turns on normally with Stop light switch 1 when I depress the brake pedal, but will also turn on (independent of switch 1) when I jostle the brake pedal side to side or lightly up and down. This behavior is shown in the graphs below. The three sharp peaks are a result of gently jostling the brake pedal.
    upload_2022-3-13_15-22-49.png

From some previous posts, it seems that this could either be a faulty brake light switch or simply need adjustment. It also seems like it could be a bad connection. I'm having trouble diagnosing this any further, anyone have ideas? Are both switches (1 & 2) part of the same assembly?