1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Stopped for a red light then couldn't go anywhers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Jim Porta, Mar 25, 2014.

1. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Have you used the CanLog monitor before on your Prius?

Also have you ever experienced any failures similar to what you described before you first used the CanLog system?

usnavystgc likes this.
  2. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, I'm starting to suspect that CanLog as well. I don't know anything that would cause the Prius to suddenly fail at a stoplight.

3. Jim Porta

Jim Porta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've used the CanLog before and never had these symptoms. While I was waiting on AAA for a tow, I pulled the CanLog off. This may explain why the AAA guy could get the Prius in neutral when I couldn't. I thought it was some kind of a heat problem and it cooled off while waiting.
    I have 120 miles on it since the errors and it's running fine. Maybe that's why The CanLog has "For Testing Only Do not drive with this device connected" printed on it!! Could be the CanLog had some sort of failure. I'm not putting it back on to see.

usnavystgc likes this.
  4. Jim Porta

Jim Porta Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Over a month and 1300 miles later, I am convinced the CanLog caused my problem. I will only use it ( if I Do) in my driveway for 15 minute idle testing of the traction battery.
    Be Warned. It could happen to you.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, some of these devices seem to interfere with ecu operations for some reason.

6. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yep. I think I had an incident where a DTC was logged due to my playing around with Torque while the car was being driven. I don't blame Torque, and it sure was handy in clearing the DTC, but these OBDII port analyzers send messages to the CAN, so be careful.