1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hertigg, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Hertigg

Hertigg New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having a weird issue with the Prius. The last few days when I am finished driving, put the car into park and hit the power switch, I appear to lose all 12 volt power. Interior lights will not turn on, I can not use the key fob to lock and unlock the door, and nothing happens when I press the power button. Sounds like a bad 12 volt battery right? But then when I open the door and shut it, the alarm goes off. I still can not use the key fob at this time to unlock the door, and the power button seems to turn itself on on magically. It has the amber light on it so i would assume it is in accessory mode. If I then press the power button again, the car turns off and I have power. The lights will turn on in the interior, key fob works, and the power button works. This also seems to wipe the memory of my radio, and the MID.

I am at a loss of what to do with this.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I would be looking for a place in town that sell the right 12 volt battery for the Prius. The one at the Dealer is fine. the buzzword is
    S46B24R

3. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If there’s no problem with 12V battery or connections on it then bad connection on dome light fuse? Or do you have aftermarket alarm or remote start? Bad installation on those can sometimes cause problems as well.

But first check the 12V battery and connections there.