1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange Happening with Display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ack714, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ack714

ack714 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey all, something strange happened the other evening while driving. I'll just lay down the facts: I picked up my kid from class. When we got in the Prius there was a good song on and I cranked it up. He complained and I turned it down kind of fast. We drove to the street. It had rained earlier and there was a puddle at the curb. I slowly went through it and into traffic and accelerated. The music stopped and I looked at the display. The back up camera was on and I was looking at the road moving behind me. It flashed a few times then went black. I pulled over and turned off the car. Turned it back on and all has been OK since. Just weird that it would do that all by itself. I mention the rain and puddle but I didnt "blast" through the water. My wife had dropped him off about an hour earlier and she probably did blast through because its a tough left turn. Any body else ever run into something like this?

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you sure you didn't bump the shifter?

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Happened to me one time. I started up and put it into R (to soon) and the display went black.
    I put it in D still blank. Than R Again and got the Info Screen.
    Than D and got the Backup view.
    I turned off car and restarted and everything has been fine since.
    This happened a month ago. I think I went into R before the ready display.