1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange occurance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by andyprius, Jan 21, 2012.

1. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Getting ready for a trip and decided to plug in my (emergency battery,) EB, but instead of using the forward accesory plug I would get smart and use the plug in the arm rest and could also use the space under the arm rest to contain the emergency battery. I happpened to look up and the car was in accesory mode, but I had not turned anything on. So I moved the car forward and repeated the procedure and it came on again. Well, now I was parked all the way forward with the front wheels in the gutter, at a slight angle. So I unplugged the EB and connected it forward, (under hood) and disconnected the normal 12V. Now the car would come on with a Red triangle but would not change gears. (did I release the parking prawl?) After rebooting with the EB the symptoms were identical. So I gave up, reconnected the normal 12V, then had to push Power switch twice and everything was normal again. MY Question: Is there something different with the wiring under the armrest, causing the car to come on automatically ( by itself ) ? In accesory mode. :eek: