1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

strange things seen on the road

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by rwithop, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Bumper Sticker on a lowered pickup truck, complete with gun rack in the rear window . . . LO I.Q.

2. GeekyDragon

GeekyDragon New Member

Caught up to a very slow moving old VB beetle crusing down the highway.

License plate - SLO VW

3. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

I've seen some doozies:

Guy brushing his teeth during morning commute.
    Guys shaving

Gal putting on mascara (um, no I don't think it is safe putting something THAT close to the eye while driving)

A car that is covered in Astro Turf (Seriously!)

A hitchhiker trying to get a ride and he is standing right under a No Hitchhiking sign (the thumb with a circle and slash thru it)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hehe. Actually, my friend got this sticker as a joke

"This car is constipated, it can't pass anything"

See, this friend is one who drives the speed limit (i.e. 50km/h) so ya, we're sorta mocking him. He actually did stick it on his car so it's all in good fun

5. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I live in Pasadena for a few years and commuted on the Ventura Freeway. I drove in the number one lane (far left) to minimize distractions and potential conflicts. As an environmental scientist I was attuned to the finer details of carrying capacity, traffic behavior, peak traffic time behavior, air quality, noise levels and "standing waves" of congestion.

I saw an amazing number of things: people eating (dish, fork, knife, etc.), putting on make-up (eye lashes, eye liner, eye shadow), feet on the dash board, drivers reading the paper or a paperback book, shaving, people dressing and undressing, legs hanging out the driver's window (bent at the knee) - all traveling faster than me in the number 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 lanes. The other amazing thing is that these were higher cost new cars (Mercedes type). I questioned what I was seeing until I realized all these people are "maxed out" on credit - they drive how they live.

6. Beacher

Beacher Member

How about a plumber with sense of humor?

7. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:7be64b661a]LMAO! :D Comfortable Living indeed! (look at the fender text...)[/font:7be64b661a]