1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Strange tire wear -- Any thoughts? Google finds similar

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyberpriusII, Oct 23, 2013.

1. zhenya

zhenya Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Which is basically a load-activated system as I mentioned above, and only counteracts the natural tendency of a RWD vehicle to toe out under deceleration. It's still a standard suspension linkage, and it still must be aligned as usual. It seemed that hill was referencing something where the car was actively changing suspension angles according to some input, and that I had never heard of before.

Hill - any changes to camber and caster that are made in your Land Rover are probably only a result of the natural change in these angles as you raise or lower any cars suspension. I'm not familiar with the specifics of how it's done in the LR, but I would bet that they designed the linkages to have minimal angle change over the range of height adjustment.

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not everyone has the training to know how to apply it, but String Theory is just fine. ;)

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Wait a sec: isn't String Theory some new space-time continuum postulate ;)

4. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Isn't that the TOE being discussed? :)